Is Belize an hour ahead or behind ship time?

charyoung

It looks like you are on the Elation which is on Central Time. Belize is 1 hour behind Central Time. So a 10am Belize Time tour would be 11am on the ship.

When I was on the Elation last September, the ship time was changed to match Belize time and then changed back to CDT the night after we left. Unless things have changed the Elation is always on the local port time.

• 2 weeks later...

OK...I'm clear now. The posts above are right----when your ship arrives- the time in Belize is one hour earlier. I'm on the Elation in June, and Carnivals Escalation Desk told me when we are there from 8 am to 6 pm, that in Belize their LOCAL TIME is 7 am to 5 pm.

Thats because they dont do daylight savings time like we do in the U.S.

Hope this helps!:)

Last week we arrived in Belize at 8 AM ( As per the capers) because we were told to set our clocks back the night before. Then after leaving we set them forward. We were on local port time.

We were on the Explorer of the Seas last week and Belize was 2 HOURS behind. The Compass from the ship indicated 1 hour but it was wrong....

Granduer 1999

Victory 2001

Triumph 2003

Explorer 2005

We were in Belize last week, and local Belize time is in the Mountain time zone. Depending on what ship you are will determine if they change time. We were on the Glory and both in Belize, Cozumel, and Progresso, we stayed on Eastern time, since we departed from Port Canaveral.

This is very confusing, because just in the last few posts we are told two different things! We will be in Belize later this month - and we need to confirm with Yhony exactly what time we will be arriving. Will the ship time of arrival in Belize of 8am be 6am Belize time, or do we change our ship time to match Belize time? Can someone tell us definitely which it is? :confused: :confused: :confused:

This is very confusing, because just in the last few posts we are told two different things! We will be in Belize later this month - and we need to confirm with Yhony exactly what time we will be arriving. Will the ship time of arrival in Belize of 8am be 6am Belize time, or do we change our ship time to match Belize time? Can someone tell us definitely which it is? :confused: :confused: :confused:

It depends on what ship you're on...

It does depend on which ship you are on. I was on the Splendour last week out of Tampa. We set our clocks back 1 hour when crossing from Eastern to Central time; this still left us 1 hour ahead of Belize since they don't observe daylight savings time. The reason I know it depends on your ship is because the next day we were in Cozumel, which is also in the Central time zone but does observe daylight savings time, meaning the Splendour's time was the same a local Cozumel time. But we were on a bus to Tulum with people from the Explorer of the Seas, and they were 1 hour ahead of us, meaning they didn't change their clocks when crossing from Eastern to Cental time zones (meaning they would be 2 hours ahead of Belize). It was confusing at first for our tour guide to figure out when to tell everyone to be back. I thought it strange that even though both ships are from RCCL, one did change time and the other didn't. It really does depend on the ship your on.

Terryde,

I just returned from the 4/23/05 Glory cruise, took an excursion with Coral Breeze to Belize, met them at 9:00am Belize time which was 11:00am ship time.

kdlucky

Archived