Odd insurance question

Gamenite

I am trying to plan a cruise for next year, and to make a long story short my Husband is his best friends health care proxy. The guy is recovering from a stroke, and will probably be just fine.

What happens, God forbid, if something happens to the best friend and hubby cannot make the cruise (he literally had to make EVERY decision regarding the guys health care) but I want to go. Can you tell this friend and I are not that close?? ;)

Will the insurance cover Hubbies part of the cruise, and airfare, or will I end up eating it because this guy is of no relation to us?? I know that it seems a bit harsh to go under the circumstances, however we have all discussed it, and they would rather have me out of the way just as much as I would like to be out of the way :D

I am trying to plan a cruise for next year, and to make a long story short my Husband is his best friends health care proxy. The guy is recovering from a stroke, and will probably be just fine.

What happens, God forbid, if something happens to the best friend and hubby cannot make the cruise (he literally had to make EVERY decision regarding the guys health care) but I want to go. Can you tell this friend and I are not that close?? ;)

Will the insurance cover Hubbies part of the cruise, and airfare, or will I end up eating it because this guy is of no relation to us?? I know that it seems a bit harsh to go under the circumstances, however we have all discussed it, and they would rather have me out of the way just as much as I would like to be out of the way :D

Other than the previously mentioned "Cancel For Any Reason" plans, there are a couple that include "legal guardians and wards" in the plan's definition of a family member. I'm pretty sure that having a medical power of attorney doesn't meet the threshold to be considered a "legal guardian" if your husband only has authority regarding medical decisions but it might be worth a call. Access America is one -- 1-800-284-8300. All they can say is no.

Archived