Belize Zoo

travelbug1020

We have been to the zoo twice and we love it. We have had ages from 4 - 62. Depending on the time of year it is VERY hot but, it is beautiful. It is a small primitive zoo with animals that are native to Belize. The paths are dirt but are easy walking. I highly recommend it.

We have been and it is very different from a typical US zoo but we enjoyed it. We added it onto the way back from our cave tubing tour. I wouldn't have driven that far out just for the zoo though. It was fun but not worth the drive in my opinion for just the zoo.

I'd love to go to this zoo. Has anyone booked through coral breezes or another company? I prefer to do excursions independent of the cruise line whenever possible, but I don't want to miss the ship either. :)

Our drive was closer to an hour (maybe 45 min but not 30 min.). Going through depends on the person. It is nothing at all like a typical zoo in the states. You can go through it quickly. I think that can depend too on how hot it is. We lucked out and it was overcast otherwise, too hot too stay too long.

On another note in case a family is using a stroller - I don't think you can roll a stroller though it well. The paths are not paved but rather gravel.

We have been and it is very different from a typical US zoo but we enjoyed it. We added it onto the way back from our cave tubing tour. I wouldn't have driven that far out just for the zoo though. It was fun but not worth the drive in my opinion for just the zoo.

Did you use an independent tour company for this excursion, and if so who did you use if you don't mind me asking? Might be interested in this, we will have our son with us and was thinking the same thing about the drive after I read about the distance from port/etc. Have done cave tubing before, so was trying to think of different options for the fam.

TIA!:D

Archived