Excursion with 3.5 yr old?

Jake&Amanda

• 2 weeks later...

We will be going to Belize via the Carnival Legend in June. Our 3 boys, 12 year old twins and a 3 1/2 year old will be with us. Not a whole lot for the little guy to do so we plan on taking him to the beach Bannister Island.

The older boys may join their cousins, aunt and uncle and go to the ruins.

Last year, I took my older kids (ages 9 and 12) to Goff's Caye for snorkeling and left the almost 4 year old on the ship. Leaving her behind was a huge mistake. She would've loved playing in the silky smooth sand. The water was shallow with gradual decline into the deeper water. We are going back next month and very much looking forward to a restful, relaxing, quiet day on Goff's Caye. We will be bringing along some simple sand toys and a small blow-up tube.

One caveat...there isn't a lot of stimulating activities (in fact, there are none that I can think of) on the island, so if your 3 1/2 year old is very active and doesn't enjoy playing in the sand/water, then you might consider something else.

Belize is beautiful...enjoy!

DSCF0279.jpg

DSCF0299.jpg

Archived