new orleans hotel from priceline

jhdoublin

Has anyone used priceline for a hotel for new orleans? I need to find something for this weekend.

Is it better to stay at port or airport? We are arriving late- so we don't have time to do any touring- so just need a clean place to stay.

Also any ideas of transfers?

I have 7 people.

Thanks

Julie

It depends. You can stay at the airport and save on transportation by only needing one ride (ie, to the port). However, even if you are getting in late, if you go downtown, you can do a little sight seeing the morning of departure before you head to the terminal.

There are plenty of 4-star hotels to try downtown ... I ended up in the JW Marriott which was quite nice for a $70 bid. You might give downtown a shot while bidding before adding the airport zone.

As for transportation ... I'm not sure with a group that large, but a limo service seems the best idea. Taxis are $14/pp from the airport to downtown/port with over 2 people , but I didn't see a van or SUV that could hold more than 5 ... though you might price 2 taxis compared with a limo.

Archived