Last night on Dawn

KBIRN

I am so depressed. Tonight is my last night on the dawn. If anyone has any questions, let me know, and I will post a review early next week. BTW, it was a great time

Kenny

Glad to hear you had a good time, I will be sailing in two weeks on the Dawn, can't wait!!!

Look forward to your review.

Enjoy your last night.
Terry

My daughters and I sail on the Dawn June 6. Look forward to your review.

Enjoy your last night!!!!!!

Marilyn

NCL Sun 4/02 - Carnival Elation 6/02 - NCL Norway 8/02
NCL Dawn 6/03 - RCI Monarch 1/04 - NCL Dawn 6/04

Looking forward to hearing your review and thoughts! We leave in 2 short weeks! Esp wondering if you did the Pearl Island Snorkel and what you thought about it?

Allyson

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;05;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Till our 10th annivesary cruise without the kids!

Would like to ask you about internet access? Did you take your own machine... or use the ships? How did you find the service while at sea.. or at port? Did you pay a flat fee for the entire cruise? Cheery

Hi KBIRN

Sorry your cruise is over. That is definately the worst part of any cruise. Enjoy your memories and start planning your next vacation.

Jeanne

Regal Empress
NCL Crown 6/98
Premier Rembrant 6/00
Carnival Sensation 2/02
NCL Dawn 6/03

till we sail on the Dawn 5/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Thanks everyone, I had a great last night to go along with all of the others.

Allyson,

Yes, I did do Pearl Island with my girlfriend. I did enjoy it. it was a nice 20-30 minute boat ride to the island, short saftey and equipment introduction, drinks (included), and then in the water. The water was clear and saw a lot of fish. Everyone in our group got a Conch shell, either on their own, or with help from the guides, but don't be disappointed if you don't find an oyster. It is difficult. The only one in our group that got one was a little girl who lost one of her teeth while snorleking and was crying quite a bit. I am pretty sure it was one of the guides that got it for her, and I thought that was pretty cool. After you come out of the water you have a BBQ lunch. Pretty standard fare but ok. After lunch is a demonstration on how to clean a live conch. Pretty entertaining, and you get to eat raw conch. (not my favorite part). After that you have some relaxation time on the beach, and then back to the boat for the ride back to the ship. All in all it was a lot of fun, just wish we had more time. Especially enjoyed the instructors and guides. All very freindly and funny.

Cheery

I brought my own laptop, but there is an internet cafe on deck 9 with about 20 computers that you can use, or you can rent a laptop from them. not sure of the rate for the rental, but I think about $20 a day. I only bought the plan after we left Miami. Till then I used my cell phone to stay in touch. I took the 100 minutes for $50, and it lasted for the rest of trip, but if you are going to use it throughout, they have I believe 250 minutes for $100. Also, beware that the wireless plan and the "wired" plan are not interchangeable. Its one or the other. I had an AB suite so the port in my room was active, but most are not. Check with the internet manager. He has a list of which cabins are active. If you can't use your cabin port, the wireless areas are the cafe itself, the atrium, and the pool area, so before you decide which plan to take, decide if you want to lug a laptop around with you, or just go to the cafe. Service was suprisingly good. You have to login each time on NCL's page and the you are in.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Kenny

Archived