Birth Certificate vs Passport

Casper2422

I take "both" with me, so I don't know how this would go. It looks like people have answered "both" ways. I have never been ask to show my birth certificate, as I always show my passport, but I carry the birth certificate for "just in case.":) I find there is never a "hold up" when I show my passport anywhere.

If you have a passport, you will *never* be asked for a birth certificate. A passport is considered the gold standard in ID.

There's no reason for you to take both.

We are cruising in Feb with the kids and while I have never had a passport for any of our cruises, I just felt with the kids coming along I needed to be safer than sorry. So, I sucked it up and dished out the $500 for all of us to have passports. Peace of mind.

I'm sorry....Why are your parents going with you on your Honeymoon?

hahaha I know its kinda weird but my parents are really not like your typical parents. We have an absolute blast with them and have gone on many cruises with them before. They live across the country so we do not get to see them that often. They will totally respect out privacy when we want it and not bother us if I tell them that we need to be alone at any time. Plus they are a few levels below us and at the very front of the ship so we have some space lol

Archived