Question about oasis of the sea

Trenise

Were planning on booking a cruise for July 13, 2013 and had a few questions about the our room choice. We picked the 8th floor - Central Park. We wanted connecting rooms 8150 and 8152. But after calling i found out those rooms are only for two people each. Ine one room we need three people. So they informed us that one could get room 8150 and the person room could get room 8148. Does anyone knwo if these are good rooms? Does the 8th floor get crowded or is there a lot of noise on that floor.

We also picked this side of the ship because i read somewhere that from this side of the boat you can see the port when we dock, is this true?

Are you doing the Eastern or Wester itinerary? The Ships docks differently in different ports. on Oasis and Allure, the right (starboard) side is where people embark and disembark usually, so that is more likely to be the side on teh dock, although on our Eastern cruise, Oasis was docked backed in at Nassau so our Port side balcony was looking over the dock and the port. On the other ports, we were looking at the water side, not the dock.

Most who have deck 8 love it, close to CP and the Park cafe. Easy to reach the Promenade and Boardwalk.

The two cabins they reccomend for you are not connecting, but they are right next to each other. Unless you have really young children in the other cabin that you might need to check on at all hours, right next to each other should be fine!

Were planning on booking a cruise for July 13, 2013 and had a few questions about the our room choice. We picked the 8th floor - Central Park. We wanted connecting rooms 8150 and 8152. But after calling i found out those rooms are only for two people each. Ine one room we need three people. So they informed us that one could get room 8150 and the person room could get room 8148. Does anyone knwo if these are good rooms? Does the 8th floor get crowded or is there a lot of noise on that floor.

We also picked this side of the ship because i read somewhere that from this side of the boat you can see the port when we dock, is this true?

If you have Central Park interior or balcony rooms you will not have a view of the ports. These cabins only face the Central Park area which is on the inside of the ship. On the ships deck plan it looks like 8150 is a standard balcony cabin on the port side of the ship. Cabin 8150 is right next to 8148 but they are not connecting cabins and it looks like 8148 can accomodate more than 2 people. As far as port views go it depends on the port as to what you can see. As I understand some ports such as St. Thomas the Oasis/Allure can only dock on the Starboard side due to pier constraints. I cannot advise you of the noise levels as I have not been on this ship yet.

And the Norwegian next to her wasn't "small"! You will have a great time! My cousins loved their deck 8 cabin (they were in an interior) and found it really convenient to everything. In the halls, we didn't hear a thing from the public areas. We booked deck 8 (aft) for our Allure cruise in 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

You will love roms 8150 and 8152.

We were in room 8236 in Dec. and we loved being on the 8th deck.

Loved going to Central Park Cafe and bring ing back breakfast or lunch to my room and eating on the balcony.

I found deck 8 close to everywhere that I liked to go.

You're very close to Elevator/stairs and you will find that very handy.

Archived