Documenting the dream western caribbean 01/21-28/2012; the money monkey goes cruising

radrayjax

Ray, I have been here since the beginning and hung in with every word and photo. This IS one of the best reviews of a ship that I have read. I truly appreciate the effort that you put in this. Thanks again for getting me ready for my on adventure of the seas in a few days :D.

Wow, I have really enjoyed your review/documentation of the Dream. I had posted prior to you leaving that we will be on the Dream in November for the first time...but because of your review it will be a bit more familiar. I don't know what I will have to look forward to now that your review is finished. It has been a true joy to follow and I really appreciate your time and efforts. I wish you and Fran the best of everything. Thanks so much! :):)

Thanks so much for dedicating the time to do this Ray. I would have to say every morning before work I would have to "go see what ray posted". It has been an epic, amazing review. No one can ever top this, well, maybe you for your future cruises :)

Enjoy your freedom, Ray! You most certainly deserve it!

Your thoroughness and dedication to your Dream documentation has been so outstanding.

I believe that no one will ever be able to provide the insight you have, in a ship/cruise review ever again.

I thought that I would NEVER consider going on this behemoth of a ship, but I now know I'd enjoy it at the right time of year!

Thank you so much for that!

I'll definitely be ordering a cd from you to prepare for a future cruise aboard the Dream!

Thank you, again, Ray!

Ray, it's been a real pleasure following along on your Dream journey. Like others, I'm not sure whether I'd ever book a cruise on her, but it's certainly good to have all these details and great pictures, just in case!:) I wish you and Fran the best in your future travels. Fran, thanks to you for letting Ray share all this with us.

Heather

My wife and I just wanted to thank you and your wife for this entertaining and informative review. We hope all of your future journeys in life are smooth and filled with wonderful memories. :)

Ray, so sad to see you go, you seem like an old friend. You have done the Dream proud with your review. Think you have covered everything and answered every question. Will e-mail you for copy of CD. You and Fran make the perfect couple and are so cute together.

Thanks so much

Penny, Thanks so much! You've been posting second only to me it seems. Look forward to hearing from you. CC is blocked at my work site so I can't look in during the day.

Ray, I have been here since the beginning and hung in with every word and photo. This IS one of the best reviews of a ship that I have read. I truly appreciate the effort that you put in this. Thanks again for getting me ready for my on adventure of the seas in a few days :D.

Travlngrl,

Enjoy your cruise. On any ship, you can find the hidden gems.

Thanks again!

Wow, I have really enjoyed your review/documentation of the Dream. I had posted prior to you leaving that we will be on the Dream in November for the first time...but because of your review it will be a bit more familiar. I don't know what I will have to look forward to now that your review is finished. It has been a true joy to follow and I really appreciate your time and efforts. I wish you and Fran the best of everything. Thanks so much! :):)

CJ,

Thank you!

I NOW feel that I am on vacation for the first time in two months! My eBay work tonight is light in comparison to trying to write, upload, and post while trying to run auctions. All this on top of the day job. I had post-project-partum depression last night but I'm MUCH better now!

Thanks so much for dedicating the time to do this Ray. I would have to say every morning before work I would have to "go see what ray posted". It has been an epic, amazing review. No one can ever top this, well, maybe you for your future cruises :)

Kelkel,

Thanks. I woke up every morning, except Sundays, dead tired from lack of sleep! But I'll soon be MUCH better!

Enjoy your freedom, Ray! You most certainly deserve it!

Your thoroughness and dedication to your Dream documentation has been so outstanding.

I believe that no one will ever be able to provide the insight you have, in a ship/cruise review ever again.

I thought that I would NEVER consider going on this behemoth of a ship, but I now know I'd enjoy it at the right time of year!

Thank you so much for that!

I'll definitely be ordering a cd from you to prepare for a future cruise aboard the Dream!

Thank you, again, Ray!

Silverchix,

THANKS! I think almost any ship would be right at the right time. I stated early on that I would only cruise at certain times, no matter what the ship.

Ray, it's been a real pleasure following along on your Dream journey. Like others, I'm not sure whether I'd ever book a cruise on her, but it's certainly good to have all these details and great pictures, just in case!:) I wish you and Fran the best in your future travels. Fran, thanks to you for letting Ray share all this with us.

Heather

Heather,

Thanks! I was just trying to do justice by the ship and its class. I still think the Miracle/Spirit Class as a lot of charm.

Thanks again for you excellent and detailed review Ray.

I feel like I have been on a virtual cruise with you and I really looking forward to cruising on Carnival Dream myself.

I know you must go back to your life (or Fran will hurt you!) but I feel like a friend is going away. Thanks again for such a wonderful review.

MadamG

My wife and I just wanted to thank you and your wife for this entertaining and informative review. We hope all of your future journeys in life are smooth and filled with wonderful memories. :)

Thanks to you all!

I'm breathing easier already. I may still be around, but obviously not so vocal....

I wanted to thank you for posting this review.

I have been checking it almost daily to see what was new.

I enjoyed following your story from the beginning to the end...

I do kind of hope, when you cruise again (whenever that is) you might write a similar in depth review..... it was just so amazing to see that kind of perspective on a ship.

I have been thinking about something you mentioned earlier, regarding the lack of new currency in some places (or that some places aren't as regular in their destruction and new distirbution of currency)

Anyways, I'm currently living in Egypt (last year lived in China) and I am fairly certain I have NEVER seen a new bill in either currency... (and I deal with a fair amount of cash)

so thank you for your review, and thank you for getting me thinking about currency in a new light.

Thanks! I'll be in Philly in August for the national ANA show: The World's Fair of Money!

I have no leads on crepes or Swedish Pancakes or even Belgian waffles, but if you need guidance I can steer you toward some other good eats in town. We are home to one of four US Mints, but you already know that. And the new Constitution Center easily walking distance from the Mint, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and the rest of historic Philadelphia. Or, you can live the Rocky experience. Possibly the Philadelphia Waterworks and Art Museum would be more to your tastes, though.

Will you have your own space at the convention, or are you just coming to mingle and do business on the fly? Naturally, you're bringing the Money Monkey, right?

I wanted to thank you for posting this review.

I have been checking it almost daily to see what was new.

I enjoyed following your story from the beginning to the end...

I do kind of hope, when you cruise again (whenever that is) you might write a similar in depth review..... it was just so amazing to see that kind of perspective on a ship.

I have been thinking about something you mentioned earlier, regarding the lack of new currency in some places (or that some places aren't as regular in their destruction and new distirbution of currency)

Anyways, I'm currently living in Egypt (last year lived in China) and I am fairly certain I have NEVER seen a new bill in either currency... (and I deal with a fair amount of cash)

so thank you for your review, and thank you for getting me thinking about currency in a new light.

Thank you! If, and when I cruise again, I'm likely to make some kind of project out of it.

About the currency, many countries are moving to plastic currency. I think it is the standard for all Euros.

At least in Cairo, you should have access to major banks that might have new bills.

Where we cruise for the most part are not major trading centers.

I have no leads on crepes or Swedish Pancakes or even Belgian waffles, but if you need guidance I can steer you toward some other good eats in town. We are home to one of four US Mints, but you already know that. And the new Constitution Center easily walking distance from the Mint, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and the rest of historic Philadelphia. Or, you can live the Rocky experience. Possibly the Philadelphia Waterworks and Art Museum would be more to your tastes, though.

Will you have your own space at the convention, or are you just coming to mingle and do business on the fly? Naturally, you're bringing the Money Monkey, right?

My first ex-wife was from Philly and I visited a couple of times in the 1980's. Looking forward expecially to going to the Mint again after about 32 years. They recently re-opened the tour after a renovation.

This is the first time I'll be going for a coin show.

I will be going to the convention to buy, since I sell on eBay.

One of these days I'm going to try to do a presentation at a national show, but I don't think it will be this year. I was invited last year but I didn't know the ropes of getting on board and let it slide.

The MM will stay home for this one, since it is a simple business trip, but I will probably wear my Behind the FUN hat. It's going to be very warm.

At this point it is too soon to know where I'll be staying, but I plan to use public transportation (loved the el) and not rent a car. That works in NYC, Chitown, and Baltimore.

In fact next week I'm finally going to use the light rail to go from BWI to downtown because my hotel is only a couple of blocks from a metro station and only about three blocks from the convention center.

My first ex-wife was from Philly and I visited a couple of times in the 1980's. Looking forward expecially to going to the Mint again after about 32 years. They recently re-opened the tour after a renovation.

I think you'll be surprised at how much Philly has changed since the 80s. We actually have a skyline these days - poor Billy Penn has been swallowed up by skyscrapers. I'll send my email to your radray address and if you want to touch base or need any insider info, you can contact me.

I'm guessing the Mint will be offering special tour arrangements for the ANA Show attendees - after 9/11 everything tightened up and only groups who had prior approval by their state/federal representative or senator were able to visit. Took my den of Webelos and they LOVED it, but it was never an option to just pop in for the tour while we were in the neighborhood.

And you are right - Philly will be very HOT in August. Have a great trip!

I think you'll be surprised at how much Philly has changed since the 80s. We actually have a skyline these days - poor Billy Penn has been swallowed up by skyscrapers. I'll send my email to your radray address and if you want to touch base or need any insider info, you can contact me.

I'm guessing the Mint will be offering special tour arrangements for the ANA Show attendees - after 9/11 everything tightened up and only groups who had prior approval by their state/federal representative or senator were able to visit. Took my den of Webelos and they LOVED it, but it was never an option to just pop in for the tour while we were in the neighborhood.

And you are right - Philly will be very HOT in August. Have a great trip!

Grace,

Thanks for the e-mail.

I will have to check ahead if things have tightened up so much. I missed getting on Ground Zero last fall because the (free) passes were booked out to the week AFTER my trip by the time I was able to check.

BTW, what is a "den of Webelos"?

Archived