Shoes, Shoes and more Shoes

livingskies78

We are just starting to organize stuff for the cruise, and just with the kids alone we have 15+ pairs of shoes

1 pair of runners each

1 pair of sandals each

1 pair of black dress shoes each

1 pair of brown fisherman's sandals for the boys x2

and a white pair of sandals for our daughter

and then proabaly a pair of water shoes each

how do people do it, we will need a suitcase just for shoes

We always pack a suitcase just for shoes for our family of four. It just makes packing easier because shoes are bulky and awkward to pack with clothes.

We each have two bags - a carry-on size roller and a checked bag. Plus, we have one bag for dresses and one bag for shoes. Ten bags total!

I'm a shoe person myself but a bit of advice regarding packing.

Cross pack everything in all suitcases. If you should lose your "suitcase of shoes" you would all be wearing only what you have on your feet! Even clothes should be cross packed.

We distribute everything in the cases we take. That way if a case is delayed, or even lost, we have something. It doesn't matter on the return trip!

Happy Cruising!

We always bring two large suitcases and always pack half his things and half my things in each suitcase. Each suitcase gets formal clothes for each of us. I have 3 pair of sandals, 1 pair running shoes, and water shoes, DH wears a pair running shoes and brings 1 pair dress shoes. Half goes in one bag, half goes into another. If a suitcase gets lost, and it does happen, we would each have underwear/socks, shorts/tops, pants, formal wear, etc. so could still carry on with the cruise and feel comfortable. We leave in 3 days, so my suitcases are almost ready to go!

Archived