cabin upgrades

Droopy

You COULD get an upgrade- or you could NOT get an upgrade- its the chance you take by booking a gauarantee. It allows the cruiselines to put you where they want.

On our cruise in February-- I see a lot of people got a 2 cat upgrade. _I booked an oceanview on the Legend and that is what I got. Yes- I am a past cruiser-- I booked my cruise 14 months in advance and paid in full. Seems cruiselines give the people who paid the most the upgrads compared to people who paid the less. I guess if it came down to it-- i'd rather have a cheaper price and pick my own cabin.

Luck of the draw. I have booked 4 months out and received a three deck upgrade, 15 months out and received a 1 deck upgrade, 2 months out and received a 4 deck upgrade. Keep in mind that by booking a guarantee, your location MIGHT NOT be ideal... and you might not get an upgrade, but you might... it is a gamble. Good luck!!!!!!

We are booked on the Destiny on 05/22. We booked in August a Balcony Gty and when I called to find out about our upgrades we are on the Veranda deck (8th deck) so that is a pretty good upgrade.:D Don't know how they decide upgrades, but I am glad that we got one.

Archived