Saving Money!! Transport - from airport to cruise & back

I just got back from a cruise out of galveston. Had researched many options to get my family of 9 from the houston airport to galveston & back again after the cruise. A friend had suggested renting a limo instead of using carnival's transfer service at $65.00 a pop. Especially with this many people that would be a fortune. After much research we chose to rent a 15 passenger van through Enterprise. This ended up saving us over 350.00!!! Plus since we flew in the day before the cruise, we got the use of the van to "sightsee" that whole day before in the visiting city...whereas the shuttle would have just taken us directly to the cruise. Enterprise has offices by the cruise terminals & you can return them there & then they drop you off at the terminal. It turned out to be a huge savings and was great to have the use of a vehicle for that day. My only caution would be check all fees prior to booking and have it emailed to you so you know exactly what the charges will be. We found that some states charge pretty high tax (more than we expected). Also another tip. CHECK YOUR CAR INSURANCE BEFORE YOU LEAVE TO SEE IF YOU HAVE COVERAGE FOR RENTAL CARS. THIS WILL SAVE YOU ANYWHERE FROM 20.00 TO 80.00 IN EXTRA COVERAGE . IF YOU HAVE COVERAGE ON YOUR OWN VEHICLE AT HOME THAT COVERS RENTALS THEN YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE ADDITIONAL INSURANCE AT THE RENTAL PLACE!! I assumed I had coverage but just wasn't positive and I had no way to confirm being it was a saturday & no one was available to call back home at the insurance company. Enterprise realizes that transportation between airport & cruise ship is starting to be a big need so they really work to make this a good deal for cruisers. we were very happy with the money we saved & the convenience!

How much did you pay for the 15 passenger van? Which Enterprise location did you get it from? Airport? or near the Pier? We have 12 people going on the July 22 NCL Sea out of Houston. I was thinking 2 mini vans, but one big van would work out great! We will be flying into Hobby 2 days before we borad.

Archived