Is anyone else having trouble...

G&TQ

I'm not feeling this, but then again it's a while till my next cruise.

Let me suggest that this will be your vacation. Pack up your concerns like you would your luggage, only do it right now - take a few things you have around that either you don't like or remind you of something you don't like and let them be symbols of your concerns, pack them into a small bag, and toss the bag into the back of your closet until you return from your cruise - sort of like a land-based version of advice I've heard from several cruise directors: to leave your cares behind on the dock because they'll be there when you get back. (I've actually seen people do this onboard, take a glass of water and dump the water overboard before leaving the dock in a symbolic act - yeah we're not supposed to toss stuff overboard but we're not supposed to smuggle either and we're not talking lit cigarettes here.)

Then try for a little different perspective. The Costa accident was a bad thing that has messed up many lives and totally ruined others. But on the cosmic scale of Things That Go Wrong On Earth, if we're honest about it, this accident probably barely moves the needle. If you believe in prayer, give that a go, too.

Your cruise is a blessing, a chance to have a fun and festive time with you family and to make new friends. Give yourself a little time, and you may find yourself back in bubbly/giddy mode.

This was such good advise!

Archived