No. of Cruises vs. Days at Sea Toward CC Status

SpeakerOfMind

I've been on only 3 Princess Cruises and have 60 nights. However, I do not worry about status because I feel no loyalty to Princess and choose the line that goes where I want to go. I would imagine the spiff I would get from platinum or elite status would be less than $100.00 pp. per cruise. It's not worth getting your shorts in a knot over this!

All,

I've been reading your posts and as one new to cruising, have no idea what these rewards are all about. Obviously, special treatment is afforded to frequent cruisers, but--what do you actually receive? Presents, discounts, best dining table...???

MM

I've been on only 3 Princess Cruises and have 60 nights. However, I do not worry about status because I feel no loyalty to Princess and choose the line that goes where I want to go. I would imagine the spiff I would get from platinum or elite status would be less than $100.00 pp. per cruise. It's not worth getting your shorts in a knot over this!

Actually, I don't think it's status that is so important ... rather, it's just getting what you feel you deserve for sailing a line repeatedly, and when you don't get benefits that someone else with far fewer days sailed on the line get, it does seem a bit unfair.

Actually, the only benefit of the higher sailing categories on Princess that would be important to me is the free internet. With how slow Princess' web access is, free internet would be a great benefit. Now, on HAL, it probably wouldn't be as big a deal since their internet service seems to be much quicker. Of course, I've only sailed one Princess cruise so far, on the Sun, and maybe the lousy internet speed is isolated to that one ship. Maybe my experience on the Island will be better. At least I hope so.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I like Kryos' idea of "7 days and less counts as one voyage, and then increments of seven additional days beyond that counts as a second voyage, and so on". But the truth is... they have a frequent cruiser plan that it's taken them years to initiate. Anyone thinking that plan will change, in the near or even distant future, isn't being realistic.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly with you. It's probably not gonna change one iota in the foreseeable future. These are only things we would maybe *like* to see. Doesn't mean they are ever gonna happen.

What I do imagine happening in the foreseeable future is a new "level" ... something for people with maybe over 25 voyages or a couple of hundred days. That might be the way Princess will end up doing it. Keep everything status quo for the Gold, Platinum and Elite levels, but add a new level ... maybe a "Titanium" level that requires perhaps 200 days at sea with Princess to achieve.

Now that would level the playing field. Someone could actually bypass the highest current level based on voyages, and go right to that top new level if the length of their average Princess cruise happened to be longer. Those taking shorter voyages would still get to the top current level faster, but would take a much longer time to achieve that higher new level since it, and only it, would be based on days at sea.

Blue skies ...

--rita

One thing they do is for the "most traveled" passengers on each cruise, they use sea days, not # of cruises.

Murphey,

Do you know where the CC Host/ess gets your number of days from? Do they look it up somehow or do we give it to them? I recall seeing in the patter frequent blurbs, something to the effect of, "If you have travelled more than XXX days with Princess, please be sure to check-in with YY at the Captain's Circle desk." And while we have over the requisite number of days, (14 cruises) we have never bothered 'checking in.' Primarily because on our last couple of cruises the CC Hostess (Diane) has not been one of the sharpest in the block!

West Coast: They know exactly how many days at sea we have, it's on their records. I know, they always ask in the Patter, if you have more than 150 or 200 days, to stop by the desk, which we do. However, I usually just ask her how many days they have down for us and they are right on the money! They may ask you to stop by the desk just to meet you? Don't really know...

Archived