Ok, WHAT is up with Carnival??

trishnbaby

Hubby and I are taking our third cruise next month, our first on Carnival, and I'm getting so frustrated! First I call to find out why I can't seem to book shore excursions in San Juan. The response is something along the lines of, "We don't take care of that anymore, you have to email this address...wait, let me see if I can find it...." Uh....huh? :confused: Since when does a cruise line not have a Shore Excursion desk??

So then I filled out the thing to have a PVP contact me. This was a week ago, I've filled it out twice now, no PVP. :mad:

Getting slightly agitated now, but I was happy to see our cruise docs come in today! Yay! :D But wait! Where's the info on tux rental?? Is it not possible to rent a tux through Carnival? :confused: I shudder to think of calling the ever-so-helpful, let-me-find-that-address Carnival reps...maybe someone on here knows?

So my questions:

1) How do I go about booking shore excursions in San Juan?? Unfortunately, the excursion I want (night horseback riding) I can only find through Carnival.

2) How long does it take to get a PVP assigned?

3) How do I go about renting a tux through Carnival?

Thank you all so much for any help you can give!!

Trishnbaby

Hubby and I are taking our third cruise next month, our first on Carnival, and I'm getting so frustrated! First I call to find out why I can't seem to book shore excursions in San Juan. The response is something along the lines of, "We don't take care of that anymore, you have to email this address...wait, let me see if I can find it...." Uh....huh? :confused: Since when does a cruise line not have a Shore Excursion desk??

So then I filled out the thing to have a PVP contact me. This was a week ago, I've filled it out twice now, no PVP. :mad:

Getting slightly agitated now, but I was happy to see our cruise docs come in today! Yay! :D But wait! Where's the info on tux rental?? Is it not possible to rent a tux through Carnival? :confused: I shudder to think of calling the ever-so-helpful, let-me-find-that-address Carnival reps...maybe someone on here knows?

So my questions:

1) How do I go about booking shore excursions in San Juan?? Unfortunately, the excursion I want (night horseback riding) I can only find through Carnival.

2) How long does it take to get a PVP assigned?

3) How do I go about renting a tux through Carnival?

Thank you all so much for any help you can give!!

Trishnbaby

Trish, I have come to find that there are very few PVP's out there that are decent. I hold onto mine with all my might! LOL!! If you want, you can email me and I will be happy to give you her information. Many CC'ers have used her, she ROCKS!!!!! lilmisschris2000@yahoo.com

I registered through the website, and the next day I had a PVP that would not leave me alone.

- Not sure on the excursion problem.

- About the tux sitch - It seems you have fallen into the Cult Of Cruising™ (yes, it's a sickness, but a wonderful one...) May I suggest buying a tux. You can go to any tux shop like Gary's or whatever... and BUY one of the tuxes they rent. You can get Jacket, Shirt, Vest, Pants, Cumberbund, tie, all for around $200. It pays for itself almost immediately. You can also buy the shoes - I just don't know how much they are.

There are plenty of online tuxedo providers as well offering brand new tuxes for not much more. You can get a Geoffrey Beene Super 100's tuxedo for about $270 NEW.

Being a big guy it's tough finding a tuxedo but I found a couple great online retailers that I would be happy to share with anyone if you ask.

phlydude at yahoo dot com

Trish, I have two questions.... How did you book your cruise? If through Carnival, don't you already have a PVP?:confused:
Cotton, those were my questions as soon as I saw a problem.

I can't imagine that any of these 'problems' could not be rectified to the OP's satisfaction through their PVP (if they booked through Carnival).

Shore excursions, when loaded in the system, are readily available on-line, IF the ship is in port long enough for the excursion to take place. Tux's are available online when you reach your 'My Cruise' page... :p

WOW! I wonder why all the problems exist..?? Please advise, we'll help as much as we can!

why I can't seem to book shore excursions in San Juan.

Is it on the Carival website you can't do it? I just went in under my booking and selected some tours with no problem. Do you have a night sailing? Make sure you select the one on the day you arrive, not the "day" (midnight) you leave.

Ok, more info...

I'm a TA, so maybe that's why the PVPs haven't responded. Maybe they assume that I don't need the help? I'm not sure, but this is my first time booking a Carnival cruise (for myself OR clients - we mainly book Princess for clients), and obviously I *do* have some questions! Normally all I would have to do is call Carnival, but in this case Carnival didn't help at all.

As for San Juan, I'm on the Destiny so its not a port of call, but it was my understanding that you can still book shore excursions through Carnival for pre/post-cruise tours. If that's not the case, then why even show them to me under My reservation?

I did find the tux rental info on Carnival's website yesterday after not having it in my docs. I may have jumped the gun with that one a little, posting here before I went to the website to check, but as many cruises as I have booked never ONCE have I gotten docs without tux rental info. :o

Oh well, maybe I'll try to call Carnival again today, hopefully I'll get someone more helpful this time!

And thanks SO MUCH for all the help you guys have been! :)

Trish

Call you district sales manager!! Being a travel agent also, I find that my DSM knows WAY MORE than any order taker on their 800 number. Anytime I have a problem/question, I always call or email him and get a CORRECT answer immediately.

believe it or not, we got my spouses at SEARS :)

quite reasonable, and very nice looking.

Believe it or not, at my brother in laws IPO party, you could not tell the difference between his VERY EXPENSIVE designer tux, and my spouses Sears polyester special........

We have gotten our moneys worth out of that baby, and one of his favorite parts is it is VERY comfortable in his opinion. (me thinks it has something to do with that adjustable waist band ;)

You wont be able to book this as an excursion since San Juan is your port of embarkation. There are post cruise excursions that will include airport transfers, those are usually only available when you get on board.

If you do a search there are quite a few independent tours that offer horseback riding.

If you want a PVP are you calling 1-800-819-3902?

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, more info...

I'm a TA, so maybe that's why the PVPs haven't responded. Maybe they assume that I don't need the help? I'm not sure, but this is my first time booking a Carnival cruise (for myself OR clients - we mainly book Princess for clients), and obviously I *do* have some questions! Normally all I would have to do is call Carnival, but in this case Carnival didn't help at all.

As for San Juan, I'm on the Destiny so its not a port of call, but it was my understanding that you can still book shore excursions through Carnival for pre/post-cruise tours. If that's not the case, then why even show them to me under My reservation?

I did find the tux rental info on Carnival's website yesterday after not having it in my docs. I may have jumped the gun with that one a little, posting here before I went to the website to check, but as many cruises as I have booked never ONCE have I gotten docs without tux rental info. :o

Oh well, maybe I'll try to call Carnival again today, hopefully I'll get someone more helpful this time!

And thanks SO MUCH for all the help you guys have been! :)

Trish

Thrish,

Contact CCL through the T/A line. PVP's are not allowed to service T/A's. They work strictley with direct guest. That's what my PVP told me. CCL has a dedicated T/A agents.

Archived