Valor Scenic Ocean Views

scott_gallant

We booked early saver about 9 months out from our cruise in March, and the room was $934/pp before taxes. We had a balcony last April on deck 8, and paid almost the same price. We decided that we didn't use the balcony enough, and would try more space this time instead.

What's hard about booking these rooms is that they book up fast and then there is nothing to compare price drops against. In other words, booking early saver is cheaper but you can't really take advantage of any price drops because there won't be any if all the rooms are already booked in that room category. This was my case anyway.

It cost us $1700 (8-day southern Caribbean) and our room said it could hold 2 people but I think the ones in the middle can hold 3.

I take that back. We paid $1700 for a scenic oceanview (9197) when we booked. Later, the grand scenic oceanview (9201) became available and I upgraded to it and it cost us $320 more to upgrade.

BTW, some of the scenic oceanview rooms are connecting rooms if you need to book two.

• 1 month later...
Did you have any vibrations or noise from the docking? I am thinking about room 9200 because it is some much bigger and only $400 more for the week for me. DH & 2 sons. I would love the extra room and the view.

Thanks

Jen

No, there was not any noise or vibration in our room.

Archived