Redeeming Funpoints for OBC

CatgirlNC

I redeemed some of my Funpoints for $200 in OBC. This is the first time I have used any of my FunPoints since having the card. I filled out the on-line request form, and chose the second day of our upcoming cruise for the “delivery date. (It does not let you choose the first or last day) How does this work? Will I receive some sort of certificate slipped under the door, that I can take to Guest Services to have applied to my account?

Also, what happens if I don’t use all the credit? We probably will (those umbrella drinks add up fast!), but figured I’d ask, just in case.

I don't remember having to choose a 'delivery date'. I just redeemed 20,000 points for $200 on board credit. I received a confirmation email from the credit card and then a week or so later the on board credit appeared on my documents.

I ordered OBC through my Carnival MC points 2 wks ago. It asked me the same question & I indicated 2nd day. Last week, it showed my OBC on my account!! I think that question is used for other gifts, like maybe wine or alcohol that can't be delivered when at certain ports?

It's probably just a stock question they ask for all of the "onboard gift" categories. It's all electronic.

If you pay for your cruise with your FunPoints card you can get the same rate of return (1 Funpoint = $0.01) by getting statement credits to offset payments made to Carnival. This option is actually much better for those with fewer Funpoints because you can get $50 statement credit for 5,000 Funpoints, whereas to get a $50 OBC you actually have to use 7200 Funpoints.

I ordered my OBC last Friday, and it appeared on my documents this morning. I was also asked for a date of delivery and chose the second day. They automatically apply it. You won't have to do a thing. If you don't spend it all, they refund you the money at the end of the cruise.

Just yesterday I redeemed my points for $200 OBC and a drink pack (4 sodas and 4 drinks ). I was wondering if they would show up on my Carnival account, glad to know they will. :)

I also had to select a date, for both, I picked day two of our trip.

Edited by dmarie1623

It's probably just a stock question they ask for all of the "onboard gift" categories. It's all electronic.

If you pay for your cruise with your FunPoints card you can get the same rate of return (1 Funpoint = $0.01) by getting statement credits to offset payments made to Carnival. This option is actually much better for those with fewer Funpoints because you can get $50 statement credit for 5,000 Funpoints, whereas to get a $50 OBC you actually have to use 7200 Funpoints.

Thats the way I do it!!

I redeemed some of my Funpoints for $200 in OBC. This is the first time I have used any of my FunPoints since having the card. I filled out the on-line request form, and chose the second day of our upcoming cruise for the “delivery date. (It does not let you choose the first or last day) How does this work? Will I receive some sort of certificate slipped under the door, that I can take to Guest Services to have applied to my account?

Also, what happens if I don’t use all the credit? We probably will (those umbrella drinks add up fast!), but figured I’d ask, just in case.

I haven't used any of my points either but everyone on here recommends NOT using them before hand but instead wait, put your S&S card balance on your card, that way you get double points.. And then when you get home, you can use your points to pay your balance.. That way if you don't use all the $200, you don't lose it and you get double points. That is what I am doing for our next cruise in May..

Hope it helps.

I see the OBC on my account now on Carnival.com! Yay. In just a little over a week I'll be deducting from that with a Pina Colada or a FunShip Special! :)

Next time, I will look into using the points to pay the balance. I didn't know about that until I read it here and I'd already requested the OBC.

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to follow-up on my original question, in case anyone else wanted to know:

Even though I had already logged on to Carnival and saw that the OBC has been applied, I did also receive a note slipped under our door that we were receiving $200 in credit from our Mastercard. And, yes, I believe it did arrive on the second day.

I used the 7200 points towards $50 OBC and sent in the request. All I got back from MC was that it was aproved for the $50. The $ never showed up before I sailed on my S&S/documents. I figured I would just wait until after I got back and then complain with MC if it didnt. Well, sure enough when were getting on the ship and being handed our S&S cards the lady said as she handed me mine: "And you also have $50 On board credit on your account". - Yippie, This is a great way to start off a cruise!!!! so - they will show up and it was on the first day!

Edited by Cinderose

• 1 year later...

I'm pulling up an older thread, but I'm trying to find out WHEN to redeem my points for my OBC. My cruise isn't until June and we will have quite a few points to redeem by then. How quickly do they show on the account. Do they show up in the carnival account? On my specific cruise? I'm trying to figure out the best way possible.

2nd question - What all can OBC be used for? Is it just like cash? I just want to be clear on exactly how that all works.

THANKS!!!