PB Tom, what can I bring?

Kay129

I'm leaving on the Sensation Monday, will be in Coz 4-21 and am doing my last minute shopping this weekend.

Is there anything from the US that's needed @ PB? I've read the other posts and wonder if you're all stocked up on any of the things you request. Please post anything you, the other posters, or any of your employees enjoy as a treat you can't get in cozumel.

Also, what school supplies are in need?

Thanks,

K

Hi Kay,

You asked about school supply needs...here's the current list: White Out, highlighters, white pencil erasers (not the type ot put on pencils), pencil sharpeners, bicolor pencils (blue & red), colored pencils (boxes of 12), rulers (metric), blunt tipped scissors, color markers (boxes of 6-8) and geometry sets (prefer complete sets that include a protractor, compass, triangle and metric ruler). Backpacks are also needed. Current needs for basic and scientific calculators are being met by several donor groups, however, more could be used in the future. There is an ample supply of crayons, regular lead pencils and ink pens so these items are not needed at this time nor is binder/notebook paper. THANKS so much for your interest in supporting education for Cozumel's children. Even the smallest donation is greatly appreciated! ~~Karen

Betsy & SS Strider,

WOW--thanks for your interest in donating supplies! The Chrysalis organization gathers donated school supplies throughout the year and provides them at the beginning of each school year to children from families who have very limited resources and can't afford to purchase the supplies required for school. If you bring supplies, please put them in a bag marked Chrysalis and include your name and email or snail mail address. There are several drop-off sites for donations: Paradise Beach (BIG THANKS to PBTom and his staff!); American Community Services office at 602-B (second floor) R. Melgar (ocean front road) above Rock 'n Java and Dive paradise just south of the Punta Langosta pier downtown; Cozumel Minigolf at Calle 1 Sur and 15th Ave. (3 blocks east/inland from the flagpole on the waterfront by the downtown plaza) and other locations. On behalf of Cozumel's children...THANKS so much. ~~Karen

We'll be there on Sat. May 14. My sister and I went to Paradise Beach last March with a few of our kids and loved it. We are going on the Ecstasy with our mom and two sisters-in-law. We think a nice relaxing day at the beach sounds just perfect. We'll bring some school supplies and see you there!

Archived