Time to Sway Another Vote!

MrPete

I saw that too. How silly, Goin's right, how can you make an assumption, without first hand knowledge. I had a bad experience once on Carnival, but I came back. Granted it wasn't soon, but I wanted to see other lines, no big whoop. My "bad" experience was that the room steward had BO REALLY bad BO, he did a GREAT job. however,when you entered the room at any time after he was in there, you couldn't breathe. At that time we did not have a balcony :( so there was no way to get any fresh air. It was on the Sensation, which I was on 2 times before.

I still love Carnival, I remember the food being much better. I always had a good time. I also remember there being much more to do at night.

Well, we have upgraded from "Walmart and McDonalds" to "Beer and Potato Chip" people!

I loved the one who admitted to never sailing Carnival...but trashed it anyway!

I'm not voting because I've only sailed Carnival!

Wouldn't be fair to trash the "caviar people with broom sticks up their....."

it's no problem. :) i just hate that poll because i mean let's be serious...no cruiseline is the worst. i would much rather take any kind of cruise than none at all.

the dawn will be my first cruise and i'm already planning my next (either the new ncl jewel, the dawn again, or that new carnival ship that will debut caribbean out of NY) :D

As I said over on that thread, I just don't understand some people's need to be critical of the people who choose one line or another. We choose different lines for different reasons but in the end we are all just people looking for a few days of relaxation, or adventure or escape.

I'm quite happy with "Beer and Potato Chips" as long as they are on a cruise ship somewhere in the Caribbean.

Hear, hear, and a bucket o' beer. :)

As you can see from my cruise list, I'm rather dilletantish about which line I travel. I do tend to prefer HAL and Celebrity because they are quieter, but the people who say carnival is for trailer-trash are just plain rude. :)

Cheers,

Friday

Can you really get potato chips on a ship?:D

Na, I really don't like that poll. What is its purpose? All it does is cause people to question their vacation choice and that is not fair to do to people. Different people have different tastes. What works for one person really doesn't work for everybody. I have acknowledged this and accepted it and so should everyone else.

I hate polls and this one in particular. Cruise lines are like cars . . . one's choice is so subjective . . . some like sports cars, some like RVs and some like a huge sedan. And no matter how much you praise and point out the good points of your car of choice (or cruise line) . . . there will always be people that point out the negatives (sports car - too small, RVs - too big and huge sedans - too boring). I say buy the car you love, cruise the line you love and when anyone says anything negative about it . . . just ignore them. As an attorney, there is one thing I have learned . . . no matter how strong your case . . . someone always tries to poke holes in it.

What i find remarkably funny is that those pretentious wannabe intellectuals actually believe that they are better people because they have wine and cheese instead of beer and chips. And I'll bet there the same people who get all dressed up to go to sizzler, and mortgage their homes to buy 8 dollar cups of coffee. Memo to all you "eww gross, beer and chips! lets get out of here Muffy!" knobs; your so-called sophistication is laughable, and your snobbish attitude is both unsavory and lame. Somebody get me a Bud Light and a can of Pringles!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Archived