Anyone cruising Thanksgiving week

Is this years Thanksgiving ship. This will be the third year going this week and really enjoy it. Last year was on the Celebrity Mercury to Mexico and at the holiday dinner they even gave me extra skin to keep my colesterol level up to my usual level after all the salads on the ship.

We are sailing on Seadream II from St Thomas to Barbados on the 20th November, and it will be the first time we've sailed on them.

We're from the Uk and Germany, so aren't up too much on thanksgiving rituals.

We understand that it's not a week long holiday for school kids, so are hoping we wont be surrounded by them (especially as the ship is so small).

John, from Desperate housewives though, is more than welcome to come along !!!:)

After many years spent cruising Thanksgiving week, my partner and I have decided for a land vacation this year, instead. We'll be on Antigua from Nov. 17th until the 27th. We'll wave from the shore to any of you folks out there in the sea! Hope everyone enjoys it - years ago, my first cruise was during Thanksgiving week. Now I feel like something's "missing" if we're at home for a turkey dinner, instead of spending the day under water, and then eating spiny lobsters and drinking rum punch on the beach. Is it November yet?

Cheers,

After many years spent cruising Thanksgiving week, my partner and I have decided for a land vacation this year, instead. We'll be on Antigua from Nov. 17th until the 27th. We'll wave from the shore to any of you folks out there in the sea! Hope everyone enjoys it - years ago, my first cruise was during Thanksgiving week. Now I feel like something's "missing" if we're at home for a turkey dinner, instead of spending the day under water, and then eating spiny lobsters and drinking rum punch on the beach. Is it November yet?

Cheers,

Yes Tony. That sounds great. How does 3pm sound? We can look at the deck plan and pick a place. The pool bar usually works... Leaving for Rome tomorrow for our Mediterranean cruise. We'll chat when we get back.

Cheers

Rolando

I will be on the Legend 11/25/05. Will be going with family . Lost my partner 2 years ago to cancer, we use to cruise every year. Anyone else going on this cruise?

Ellen

Carnival Holiday

Regent Star

Carnival Ecstacy

NCL Norway

Royal Baribbean Monarch of the Seas

Holland America Statendam

Celebrity Galaxy

Carnival Sensation

Carnival Ecstacy

Celebrity Galaxy

Carnival Imagination

Princess Caribbean Princess

QM 10/05

Carnicval Legend 11/05

My partner and I will be on RCI, Serenade of the Seas out of San Juan. We won the trip from a TV sweepstakes from Lifetime: Television for Women. Okay, we're guys, so not the best visual for their tagline...but probably a large part of their demographic.

For those of you on the Connie, we'll be leaving port about an hour before you guys. Come to the end of the ship nearest us and we'll wave and hoot and holler. We love the Constellation. Can't wait to get back on next March.

Doesn't seem to be any FODs on our Serenade trip. Still tons of rooms left, so we're hoping it sails pretty empty.

My bf and I are going on the Norw. Dawn sailing out of NYC to the West. Carib. for 11 days. This his second cruise and my first. We both live in Manhattan. I'm in my 30s he's in his 40s. We hope to meet some other family on the Dawn. Since is my first cruise, I'm very excited.

We are on a Panama Canal cruise with Crystal Cruises over American Thanksgiving. My partner's parents made a point of coming to visit every year for Canadian Thanksgiving for many years. Now we are going to vacation together and celebrate their wedding anniversary and American Thanksgiving.

There is also a group aboard from Above and Beyond so we know there is extended family onboard!

CaseyT

We're on Celebrity's Constellation out of San Juan leaving 11/26, the cruise after T'giving. We booked thru Pied Piper, a gay 'group' agency.

I recommend you go to piedpiper.com and check them out. I believe they're sold out for this cruise, but check in case there's been a cancellation. Their prices are the best (and NO, I'm not related to them in any way except a new customer) because they get a discount by booking blocks of cabins.

If you can afford the excessive airfare to P.R. you'll find over 300 glbt's on this cruise even if you don't book thru PiedPiper (that's how many they've already booked in their group). I'll schedule 'Friends of Dorothy' meetings (redundant for P'dPiper cruisers) to draw in gays who are not part of the group.

If there are any cabins left, either thru Pied Piper OR thru Celebrity or your own agency, I think this could be a great cruise!!

We LOVE San Juan and can give you advice about places to stay pre/post sailing, if you need it.

Joe and Michael

joeandmichael@bigfoot.com

Hi Joe and Michael,

Funny thing, we were originally booked with Pied Piper on this post thanksgiving cruise but ended up cancelling it when the Mellenium was taken out for service and the cruise started in San Juan. We have a visitor coming from London and the air would have just been to expensive.

We are already booked on Pied Pipers 2006 post thanksgiving cruise on the Radiance of the seas out of Ft. Lauderdale along with about 6 freinds of ours.

We have traveled with Pied Piper many times. Since we canceled this years cruise with them we are now going on the Star princess with a group of freinds, I know it wont be as exciting but it will have to do for now. You guys look familiar, maybe we met on a previous Pied Piper trip??? We were on the QM2 over Christmas and New Years this past year, and before that on the Caronia to the Baltics in 2003, and before that on the QE2 I believe in 2002....

Regards,

Tony

My bf and I are going on the Norw. Dawn sailing out of NYC to the West. Carib. for 11 days. This his second cruise and my first. We both live in Manhattan. I'm in my 30s he's in his 40s. We hope to meet some other family on the Dawn. Since is my first cruise, I'm very excited.

Hey guys! We're Manhattanites too! Haven't been on the Dawn, but have watched her sail away many times (live in Hell's Kitchen not far from the port). enjoy your trip.

Hey JoeAndMichael --

We love San Juan too! Maybe we'll pass you guys in town as we disembark. In March, getting off the Connie, we stayed post-cruise at El Convento. Loved it. On a separate trip the Fall before, we had a few days stay out at El Conquistador. Loved that too.

I'd appreciate any feedback you guys might have. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Well less than 2 weeks to sailing on the Star Princess 11/20, cant wait. Thats the only thing that keeps us smiling after going thru Wilma and being evicted from our building for over 12 days with no electricity no water just plain old, no nothing. It was a very scary experience but luckily we are ok and things are getting back to normal.

Rolando, how was your cruise on Holland America hope you guys had a great time. Lets make plans to meet up on the ship for a drink with my gang.

Get back to me when you have a chance.

Tony

Archived