Dolphin Swim & Snorkel

DuncNCinc

I'm hoping to get some information from someone who has gone on the Dolphin Swim & Snorkel excursion at Roatan. It has great feedback on the Carnival site, and the summary had everyting I'm looking for.

If anyone has experience with this excursion, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...

My daughter and I did this tour on our Feb.5 Carnival Legend cruise. It was the highlight of our week and worth every penny, IMO.

First is the encounter part where you stand in shallow water and get to be up close and personal with a dolphin while a trainer tells you about them and they exhibit behaviors. A photographer takes pics of your dolphin kiss and you are also allowed to use your camera for part of the encounter.

Next you get your snorkel gear and have about 30 minutes to swim with the dolphins. They are not in a tank but a fenced-in large section of an ocean cove. This part was just incredible. They are very playful but I never felt intimidated.

The CD of pics cost $40. If you have more questions I'll try to answer them. A few pics are in my Legend review.

Archived