Past Guest price drop before final payment

Ardo09203

I know I've seen tons of threads about prices drops and should know the rules by heart. However, the majority seem to be regarding ES. I booked a past guest honeymoon cruise for my fiancée and I at the beginning of the month. The cruise is a 7 day to the Caribbean on the Magic. We are scheduled to sail on May 27th 2012. From what I see on Carnival's website, final payment is due before March 13th. However I notice that the rate I was charged was $1,229 p/p for a cove balcony. I'm pretty sure I told the booking agent my past guest info because she was able to pull up my fiancée’s info without me even giving her name. Well out of curiosity, I decided to try a mock booking and check to see what cabins were available(looking for nearby cabins incase family decides to come along) and I noticed the past guest rate for the same cabin category, same deck, same side, is $1,179 which is $50 p/p cheaper. I was wondering if it would be possible to call carnival and either get a discount, OBC, or upgrade(all of which are fine with me) since it is before final payment? So far I’ve only paid my $250 p/p deposit. Also if this is a common thing, and people are normally successful at getting a better rate, or compensation. Would it be better to wait until it gets closer to final payment, in case the price drops even further?

If you are before final payment and did not book ES, just call Carnival and if you qualify for the rate and it is lower than you paid for the same category, they will adjust your rate so your balance will be lower. I just did the exact same thing. I have a 4E (interior) booked for April and I am 3 days away from final payment. We booked a military rate, however today the resident rate for our state was lower and called and they adjusted my rate...no questions asked. So, now our balance is $50 less than we owed before.

I check rates daily...sometimes 2-3 times a day and if I see a drop I call. You can get a price drop every time...not just once before final payment (for non-ES) as far as I know.

This was the second price drop I got in a week.

Good Luck!

I know I've seen tons of threads about prices drops and should know the rules by heart. However, the majority seem to be regarding ES. I booked a past guest honeymoon cruise for my fiancée and I at the beginning of the month. The cruise is a 7 day to the Caribbean on the Magic. We are scheduled to sail on May 27th 2012. From what I see on Carnival's website, final payment is due before March 13th. However I notice that the rate I was charged was $1,229 p/p for a cove balcony. I'm pretty sure I told the booking agent my past guest info because she was able to pull up my fiancée’s info without me even giving her name. Well out of curiosity, I decided to try a mock booking and check to see what cabins were available(looking for nearby cabins incase family decides to come along) and I noticed the past guest rate for the same cabin category, same deck, same side, is $1,179 which is $50 p/p cheaper. I was wondering if it would be possible to call carnival and either get a discount, OBC, or upgrade(all of which are fine with me) since it is before final payment? So far I’ve only paid my $250 p/p deposit. Also if this is a common thing, and people are normally successful at getting a better rate, or compensation. Would it be better to wait until it gets closer to final payment, in case the price drops even further?

Except for the one foolish time that I booked ES, I always book Past Guest rates. (Not for our first Carnival cruise, though. :p) Before final payment, I constantly monitor the prices for our cabin category. When I see a lower rate, I take a screen shot and save it for my files. I email my PVP who adjusts the rate right away. Since booking Dream back in March 2011, our rates have gone down by $1,100.

Contact the booking agent EVERY TIME you see a reduction. It might be there just for a day before the price goes up again. I have contacted my PVP 10 times so far. Final payment isn't due until February 13, so he just might be hearing from me again.

• 2 weeks later...

What happens after the final payment is due? Our price has dropped about $250.00 but we have already paid. We are under past guest. It keeps dropping and dropping!

Has anyone had any luck with a credit, OBC or upgrade? At this point we are only $69.00 away from the price of a spa Balcony Cabin will they let you pay the difference?

What happens after the final payment is due? Our price has dropped about $250.00 but we have already paid. We are under past guest. It keeps dropping and dropping!

Has anyone had any luck with a credit, OBC or upgrade? At this point we are only $69.00 away from the price of a spa Balcony Cabin will they let you pay the difference?

You can always fill out the price protection form. The worst they can do is say no. I got approved and got an OBC.

Regarding the upgrade to the spa Balcony cabin, they are more than willing to let you upgrade and pay the difference.

With all other rates besides early saver~~after final payment the only option you have is an upgrade, and yes Carnival will be more than happy to take your money! :) The price protection form is meant for Early Saver rates only~

Archived