New England/Canada with 4/6 yr olds

alise007

Hubby and I have our 10 yr anniversary and hubby's 40th bday coming up this fall. We don't like the heat so considering New England/Canada cruise. Would like a RT for cheaper airfare out of either Boston/New York. We did an Alaskan cruise before kids and want to save that til they are older for a repeat.

We visited Quebec City when DS was 1 yr old. Wouldn't mind going back but don't necessarily want to go there and miss out on other sites we haven't seen before. Thinking the kids could enjoy the kids club and we could still have our "couple" time while sailing but still have them around to enjoy the scenery/stops.

Can anyone speak to the NCL 7 day vs 10 day trips? I really like the idea of NOT having to take formal/semi formal clothing and the Freestyle aspect. Disney is too expensive. My kids are well traveled and love getting out and seeing the sights. Our normal vacations run 9-10 days with driving.

NCL 10 day is RT out of NY stops in Halifax, Quebec City overnight, Cornerbrook and Sydney

NCL 7 day ouf of NY Halifax, St John/Bay of Fundy, Bar Harbor, Boston and Newport

10 day is actually a smidge cheaper than 7 day which I find funny!

I cruise NCL all the time.

My son is well traveled also, especially cruising, so I think your kids will enjoy whatever you pick. Personally I haven't done this itinerary yet, but plan on it sometime in the next year or 2.

As we love cruising, I would go for the longer 10 day for the fact it is longer and a tad less expensive. But that is me

thanks! I am used to doing regular vacations staying in hotels with the kids but never cruised. I know it is not the traditional destination of choice for families but for us it works!

I just don't have a particular place I want to spend 1 week in and don't feel like driving every day.

I love the idea of only packing/unpacking 1 x

Archived