Norwegian Fjords

cmgallag

We're looking at taking a Norwegian Fjords cruise at the beginning of June and have narrowed it down to a P&O itinerary and a Royal Caribbean one. I was just wondering if anybody had any experience of either or any feedback?

These are the P&O details - Stavanger, Flaam, Olden, Bergen.

and Royal Caribbean - Geiranger, Aalesund, Molde, Bergen.

We've been with RC before and have been very happy with them but the P&O one leave from the UK which is always a bonus.

thanks for any info!

Hi cmgallag :)

I have cruised something like the first itinery but with a different company. The itinery was great, the Flaam railway really is an experience.:)

With regards the company to sail with have sailed with both RCI and P&O if they were both doing the same itinery at the same price from my experience would sail on the P&O. They are a little more dressy at night cruises so not good if thats not your thing.

thanks Middy :)

Was there plenty to do when you're in port?

I've had a look round the Azura on the P&O website and it looks amazing, haven't bothered with the RCI one as they all tend to be the same. Pricewise they are pretty comparable as well - although as platinum members on RCI I think we will get bathrobes in our cabin (the excitement!). At the moment we're definitely leaning towards P&O, a 2 hr drive to Southhampton is more attractive that a flight to Amsterdam and all the faffing at airports.

Hi again :)

We did a couple of ships tours, they were both really good. One was on the Flamm railway.

We walked into Bergen from the ship.

On one of the stops we walked around the little village can't remember which stop it was, have a picture from there that I show in my spiritual lecture at work as was one of the most peaceful scenic places I've ever been.

I agree with you regards the faffing about at airports, though I'm way up north so have to add an extra day on and stay at hotel if going from Southampton/Dover. Keeping my fingers crossed that Liverpool win the right to embark passengers at their new terminal.

Not sailed on the larger P&O ships yet, I like smaller ships if at all possible, though hope they have the afernoon teas on Azura as on the others, it's an experience. Tea pots with tea not tea bags, sandwiches,hot crumpets , scones, and assorted pastries. All served to you at the table.:)

Another advantage with P&O no 15% on your drinks tab.

thanks again, was actually just looking at some of the excursions on the P&O website. They look really good.

I didn't realise that Liverpool have a new terminal, I would imagine that it would be well used if cruises could depart from there. I'm from Lancashire so know only too well how bad the journey down south can be, 3 1/2 hrs some days but then on others it can be 6!

Archived