Expenses on a cruise

Erex

Happy to hear you're booked and almost ready to go ~

As I mentioned, Hyatt's Pier 66 Hotel is a great place to stay in Ft Laud.( smoking rooms, available) Several excellent restaurants, plus the rooms with balconies overlook Port Everglades ~I always make a dinner reservation at the Grille 66 Restaurant ~dining on the terrace,right on the water ~Jethro, the famous/grrrreat waiter is a favorite among Seabourn Sailors ~:p

Happy Crossing ~

MB

Happy to hear you're booked and almost ready to go ~

As I mentioned, Hyatt's Pier 66 Hotel is a great place to stay in Ft Laud.( smoking rooms, available) Several excellent restaurants, plus the rooms with balconies overlook Port Everglades ~I always make a dinner reservation at the Grille 66 Restaurant ~dining on the terrace,right on the water ~Jethro, the famous/grrrreat waiter is a favorite among Seabourn Sailors ~:p

Happy Crossing ~

MB

Miss M = great minds, great minds .....;):p:D

Yep, fairbourne, 'guess we travel in the same boat! Not on the same railroad track......(but I'd sure like to take the "Royal Scot" train !":D

I'm pleased that Atle made his booking ~I hope he feels free & comfortable to ask any questions he may have on our board.

I remember when I booked my 1st Seabourn sailing ~~Mother (89 yrs old) and I flew to San Juan and boarded the Pride Castle ~we thought we had died and gone to heaven! Stayed in the same suite, #232 all those years! Mother sailed with me until she was 95. What fun times we had.....

Martita B

Thanks for the info about hotels and dinner.

We'll have to see about the dinner. My wife tend to be "dead" after a cross Atlantic flight so we often use the hotel facilities the first night, eating something light.

I will check out the hotels mentioned here. The Hyatt's Pier 66 looks interesting (not because of smoking room, since I never smoke inside even if allowed), but due to the restaurants and the location :)

I have already posted in the sticky regarding referral, so lets see if I get lucky :)

Was just in and updated my preferences.

Was a tad surprised that if I choose 1 spirit and 1 house wine red, I could not choose house wine white.... So I ended up putting in a request for a cognac (no cognac on the list) and a vodka + water/soda's.

I guess that is the way to do it. Or do you normally do the stocking when you arrive at the ship?

Cheers, Atle

Thanks for the info about hotels and dinner.

We'll have to see about the dinner. My wife tend to be "dead" after a cross Atlantic flight so we often use the hotel facilities the first night, eating something light.

I will check out the hotels mentioned here. The Hyatt's Pier 66 looks interesting (not because of smoking room, since I never smoke inside even if allowed), but due to the restaurants and the location :)

I have already posted in the sticky regarding referral, so lets see if I get lucky :)

Was just in and updated my preferences.

Was a tad surprised that if I choose 1 spirit and 1 house wine red, I could not choose house wine white.... So I ended up putting in a request for a cognac (no cognac on the list) and a vodka + water/soda's.

I guess that is the way to do it. Or do you normally do the stocking when you arrive at the ship?

Cheers, Atle

Just ask your stewardess for your preference when you arrive at the ship.

If your purpose is just a comfy bed in Ft Lauderdale, I can recommend the Hilton at the Airport on Griffiths Road. They have nice wheelchair accessible rooms with great showers with a seat. Room Service menu is very good. They also have a low cost shuttle to the pier. For overnight it's a good buy with amenities. The staff are wonderful, very accommodating.

Well done, you are going to have a great holiday!!

I understand exactly what you mean about crashing out after a long flight, we arrive from UK and are always tired. Last time we sailed from Lauderdale we saw a lovely little hotel at Las Olas which is a small pretty area also near the Hyatt. It is a Best Western called the Riverside Hotel and is on Las Olas Boulevard. We noticed the hotel because due to time change, we were up at about 4 am. There is a great famous scruffy diner called the Floridian Cafe, affectionately called "The Flo" which is open 24 hours. They serve everything from Toast to full dinners and the standard is surprisingly good. The Riverside Hotel is about 75 yards along the same street. The hotel looks small from the road but very comfortable once you are inside. It is available on Trivago for about 150 Euros. It is certainly worth considering as having coffee in the hotels on room service is crazy expensive.

Have a great trip!!

Well done, you are going to have a great holiday!!

I understand exactly what you mean about crashing out after a long flight, we arrive from UK and are always tired. Last time we sailed from Lauderdale we saw a lovely little hotel at Las Olas which is a small pretty area also near the Hyatt. It is a Best Western called the Riverside Hotel and is on Las Olas Boulevard. We noticed the hotel because due to time change, we were up at about 4 am. There is a great famous scruffy diner called the Floridian Cafe, affectionately called "The Flo" which is open 24 hours. They serve everything from Toast to full dinners and the standard is surprisingly good. The Riverside Hotel is about 75 yards along the same street. The hotel looks small from the road but very comfortable once you are inside. It is available on Trivago for about 150 Euros. It is certainly worth considering as having coffee in the hotels on room service is crazy expensive.

Have a great trip!!

We stayed at the Riverside before embarking on Seabourn a couple of years ago. Nice hotel in very good location and reasonably priced too. They will also arrange a shuttle to the port for you.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time - you sound like a very reasonable person, and no reasonable person could, in my opinion, not love their first Seabourn experience!

We booked 'guarantee' so didn't have our suite allocation until we embarked. There was a suite ready for us, but although we had given our choice of Bombay Sapphire and Johnnie Walker for our 'fridge, there was a random supply of, if I remember correctly, vodka and bourbon. Not a problem, mentioned it to our stewardess, and with an apology that she wouldn't be able to correct it until after the ship sailed (booze in bondage in port) she assured us that it would be quickly sorted thereafter - and it was! She always made sure there was enough tonic water cans too. So, even if your preferred choices are not in your cabin when you arrive, they soon will be! You only have to ask ...

We have also stayed at the Riverside Hotel several times. It is very central for Los Olas Bvd, you can eat outside people watching and seeing many interesting sights! But be sure to ask for a room on at least the 10th floor or higher, as you get many wedding parties making quite a lot of noise late at night on lower floors. You can also take a river boat ride from there to the Galleria Mall if you would like. The ride to the ship is about 20 mins by taxi.

We booked 'guarantee' so didn't have our suite allocation until we embarked. There was a suite ready for us, but although we had given our choice of Bombay Sapphire and Johnnie Walker for our 'fridge, there was a random supply of, if I remember correctly, vodka and bourbon. Not a problem, mentioned it to our stewardess, and with an apology that she wouldn't be able to correct it until after the ship sailed (booze in bondage in port) she assured us that it would be quickly sorted thereafter - and it was! She always made sure there was enough tonic water cans too. So, even if your preferred choices are not in your cabin when you arrive, they soon will be! You only have to ask ...

This sounds good.

Not that it is so very important since we don't drink much. But one of my "perks" on a cruise is to end the evening with a cognac on the balcony before going to bed.

Have to take care of the stomach with all that strange food ;)

Cheers, Atle

Still haven't sorted out hotels, but I am leaning towards Riverside or Hyatt.

For the moment I am waiting for my main credit card to arrive. Turns out that it expired 1/12 and I never received a new one.

Could of course use another, but since I am in no hurry, I prefer to use my normal one.

Cheers, Atle

Atle

Both the Riverside and Hyatt's Pier 66 hotels are excellent ~keep in mind Pier 66 has balconies for your evening Cognac and "ciggie"

Also you can view all the cruise ships at Port Everglades while lounging on the balcony.

A suggestion....why don't you go ahead and desinate a time & place for your Sojourn "CC get together" ~scroll down to 'roll call ~someone should do this ~you don't sound like a shy Norwegian!:D

Your shipmates will be pleased someone 'took the bull by it's horns! Just an idea ~

Happy Thursday ~

Martita B

Atle

Both the Riverside and Hyatt's Pier 66 hotels are excellent ~keep in mind Pier 66 has balconies for your evening Cognac and "ciggie"

Also you can view all the cruise ships at Port Everglades while lounging on the balcony.

A suggestion....why don't you go ahead and desinate a time & place for your Sojourn "CC get together" ~scroll down to 'roll call ~someone should do this ~you don't sound like a shy Norwegian!:D

Your shipmates will be pleased someone 'took the bull by it's horns! Just an idea ~

Happy Thursday ~

Martita B

Have to think about that one.

Have not been on CC for a long time, so never been on a CC get together. Normally I prefer to at least experience something before arranging it.

My second "objection" is that I don't know the ship or company, so wouldn't even know where to hold something like this or who/how to contact someone at Seabourn to arrange things.

But my main "excuse" is that a rollcall should be one of the first days. And this will be the first time we are flying in the day before without the possibillity for my wife to "get well again" after the flight. (Sometimes I can't find the correct english word) And we can risk that she will be stuck in the suite for a couple of days.

So I need to think a bit

Cheers, Atle

I agree with Martita. Do a Roll Call. If no one else suggests it, just pick a time and place (first sea day, perhaps? and SKy Bar) and announce it as a 'meet and greet' or 'grip and grin'. Nothing else is needed, If no one shows up, it's ok, because there will always someone with whom to share a drink and a story. You don't need to plan anything before hand, that's for sure.

I agree with Martita. Do a Roll Call. If no one else suggests it, just pick a time and place (first sea day, perhaps? and SKy Bar) and announce it as a 'meet and greet' or 'grip and grin'. Nothing else is needed, If no one shows up, it's ok, because there will always someone with whom to share a drink and a story. You don't need to plan anything before hand, that's for sure.

I said I had to think about it....

... but I am a fast thinker :)

I have suggested a time and place on the roll call, so let's see how to work it from there

Cheers, Atle

Atle

I knew you were a real, salty dog Norge man! :confused: Good for you!

I have scanned your Sojourn roll call ~I know a few of the Sailor's.

Some, 'ole time Seabournites ~and fun!

I will e-mail you with a few ideas as to your TA Crossing ~(he he, inside info)

Happy Trails & Sails

MB

Martha,

For some reason your mail server blocks all my reply from my normal address.

I tried via my gmail address also. I don't know if you received it from there, but there I did not have any error message.

Cheers, Atle

Archived