Carnival Dream Class Spa Use

sd200044

I am sailing on the Carnival Breeze in October, and noticed it has about the same setup for Spa as the other Dream Class Ships (The Dream and Magic). I was wondering what the scoop is on the use of the Spa facilities such as the T. Pool and heated Chairs. I saw somewhere where you could purchase a pass daily or for the entire cruise and I was wondering what that covers and what that cost might be.

We just got off the Magic and purchased the Spa Package for $129.00 each. It included the sauna, the hot rock beds, the whirlpool, etc.

I would have never purchased this in the past, however, it was a "girls cruise" and we wanted to do something a little different. When we went to the tour of the spa the first afternoon, they said they were only selling 50 packages, but it seemed that unless I went early in the morning, there were people everywhere in the spa. We did take full advantage of the showers almost every night!!!

We just got off the Magic and purchased the Spa Package for $129.00 each. It included the sauna, the hot rock beds, the whirlpool, etc.

I would have never purchased this in the past, however, it was a "girls cruise" and we wanted to do something a little different. When we went to the tour of the spa the first afternoon, they said they were only selling 50 packages, but it seemed that unless I went early in the morning, there were people everywhere in the spa. We did take full advantage of the showers almost every night!!!

Awesome - Thanks for the info. It sounds like they do about the same type deal as NCL for their Spa's. In my opinion, well worth the deal.

When we were on the Dream in Sep. the lady at the spa said, they were no longer selling daily passes :( And like the poster above said it was 129.00 a person or 245.00 for a couple.

We wanted to do the couple package so bad, but money was tight last trip. but you get to take advanage of the T-Pool, all the saunas and also like the about poster said the showers in the locker rooms!

I cant wait to get it this trip! I hope you enjoy yourself as well!

If you want a spa pass I would recommend taking the very first spa tour (right after embarkation) and purchasing the pass then. We were in a spa cabin but we still took the spa tour to see the facilities. You will get access to:

The thalasso pool- like a giant hot tub only not as hot. There are 2 faucets you can stand under and metal "rack" chairs inside

2 steam rooms with heated tile loungers

eucalyptus steam room- you will spend 5 minutes at most in there. The air is VERY thick.

cold jungle shower- it's outside of the steam rooms and sprays COLD water on you.

relaxation room- it has a few padded lounge chairs and a "container of water" and some paper cups. (no lemon or lime)

VIP locker area- 2 large showers, towels, lockers and some professional style hairdryers that are full size.

In order to access these amenities you have to "trade" your room card for a spa card. The doors to the spa amenities stay locked so it's necessary to have this card.

The amenities are great. It's very relaxing and it was always quiet and rarely crowded when we went!

We got a spa room for on 100 bucks more than a regular room, so it was much cheaper than buying a pass. Plus the room has nicer spa robes, Elemis amenities, and my room key controlled spa access - no need to trade in for access card.

If you want a spa pass I would recommend taking the very first spa tour (right after embarkation) and purchasing the pass then. We were in a spa cabin but we still took the spa tour to see the facilities. You will get access to:

The thalasso pool- like a giant hot tub only not as hot. There are 2 faucets you can stand under and metal "rack" chairs inside

2 steam rooms with heated tile loungers

eucalyptus steam room- you will spend 5 minutes at most in there. The air is VERY thick.

cold jungle shower- it's outside of the steam rooms and sprays COLD water on you.

relaxation room- it has a few padded lounge chairs and a "container of water" and some paper cups. (no lemon or lime)

VIP locker area- 2 large showers, towels, lockers and some professional style hairdryers that are full size.

In order to access these amenities you have to "trade" your room card for a spa card. The doors to the spa amenities stay locked so it's necessary to have this card.

The amenities are great. It's very relaxing and it was always quiet and rarely crowded when we went!

Just some comments....

We just were on the Dream in December and bought spa passes ($250 for a couple for the whole week).

As for the padded loungers room with the water... it was way more than that for us.

This room provided scenic views of the ocean with the padded chairs set perfectly to watch the seas. They also had 4 containers of water, 2 of them with lemons in them and 2 of them with oranges in them. They didn't have any plain water which was my only complaint. But everyone else kept raving about the water. They also had a variety of teas that one could make a cup of hot tea as well and my girlfriend loved these and would make a cup before going to the hot stone loungers.

The spa is in my Dream review and WELL WORTH IT!!!! :-)

The spa is open for use pretty much immediately after you go on the tour and buy your passes. We went right away at about 5pm after our muster drill.

After that, it's open from 8am-10pm. Would be sweet if it were open until midnight so we could go after dinner and right before bed. But that's just a small complaint. :)

When we were in the "relaxation room" on the Dream in September they only had "plain" water the entire week. There wasn't ever lemons or tea or anything like that. There were only two water containers when we were there as well.

Maybe it was a service issue. There was a tray with half eaten food laying on the floor next to the water table that sat there for at least 3 days as well.

The spa was very much worth the money and we would get the package again in a heartbeat. :D

When we were in the "relaxation room" on the Dream in September they only had "plain" water the entire week. There wasn't ever lemons or tea or anything like that. There were only two water containers when we were there as well.

Maybe it was a service issue. There was a tray with half eaten food laying on the floor next to the water table that sat there for at least 3 days as well.

The spa was very much worth the money and we would get the package again in a heartbeat. :D

This is just odd. lol. I complained they didn't have plain water because I am allergic to lemons and I really hate the flavor of oranges in water. And they never brought plain water. So I sucked it up and drank the orange water. But they had tons of different teas and stuff. Maybe people from the previous sailings complained that they should have more fru-fru waters and thus, we now have no regular plain water at all. Sigh. Maybe they'll get the balance down soon. :-)

We got a spa room for on 100 bucks more than a regular room, so it was much cheaper than buying a pass. Plus the room has nicer spa robes, Elemis amenities, and my room key controlled spa access - no need to trade in for access card.

What ship were you on? When I had a spa room on the Splendor we had to trade our room key in. I thought this was a little bit of a PITA, as our "secret" elevator was right by the thalasso pool and we had to go all the way through to the other end and sometimes wait in line to trade our key in.

What ship were you on? When I had a spa room on the Splendor we had to trade our room key in. I thought this was a little bit of a PITA, as our "secret" elevator was right by the thalasso pool and we had to go all the way through to the other end and sometimes wait in line to trade our key in.

The Magic. We also had plain water, fruited and cucumber water and tea in the relaxation room. No stray trays, leftover food or other anywhere. We did have lounge hogs though... and they were dealt with!

Here's my take - I bought a week pass. It was a chore to use it. I wish I would have waited a bit longer into the cruise and gotten the cheaper pricing (goes down over the week). Why was this luxury a chore? I had to find time away from my kids and hubby to go...and it took me away from my favorite relaxation activity of reading on the serenity deck. Was it nice? Yes, absolutely. Would I do it again? No. I can find comparable services here locally at a better price point and there is much more on the ship otherwise which I do not have readilly available.

I lOVE the spa facilities and have taken advantage of them with my last three cruises. It's quiet, no children, and I really do enjoy the steam rooms (especially the very hot eucalyptus). I am a light sleeper so I doubt that I ever became a lounge hog but it is very easy to fall asleep on the warm tile loungers.

One difference that often is not mentioned about the T-pool is that it does not have chlorine in it, thus much safer, healthier than those around the rest of the ship. I loved going there in the early evening, before dinner. Most people are having cocktails or getting ready for dinner so it was never crowded.

Here's my take - I bought a week pass. It was a chore to use it. I wish I would have waited a bit longer into the cruise and gotten the cheaper pricing (goes down over the week). Why was this luxury a chore? I had to find time away from my kids and hubby to go...and it took me away from my favorite relaxation activity of reading on the serenity deck. Was it nice? Yes, absolutely. Would I do it again? No. I can find comparable services here locally at a better price point and there is much more on the ship otherwise which I do not have readilly available.

My kids are the same age as yours and I was thinking the same thing! When am I going to make the time to go!

What is the discounted rate offered later in the cruise?

The thalasso pool is only available to the guests who have the spa pass whether it's for the week or for the day.

There is not an adults only pool on the Dream. There are only a few outside hot tubs for adults only in the Serenity section.

The hot tubs on Deck 5 (where they offer the BBQ on the Lanai on sea days) were never busy. I'm not sure if I ever saw anyone in them.

We are currently booked in an inside cabin on the Dream. If we move to a Spa Inside Cabin could we use the spa pool at no charge?

Provided that you only have 2 passengers, yes. The 3rd/4th would have to pay extra.

Check the fare difference (including the extra taxes) and if you would come out less than $250 additional, it might definitely be worth changing from your basic interior to a spa interior. The cabins are the same pretty much but you get the VIP spa passes for the week included in your cost.

When we sailed on the Dream, we booked 2 months in advance and the difference between spa interior and interior for 2 people was over $400 so it was a no brainer to just buy the passes separately.

This time for our upcoming Breeze trip, the difference for 2 people total was only $130. So we booked the spa cabin to come out cheaper.

Good luck finding an awesome rate that will save you money!

P.S. Spa cabins book quickly and there aren't that many of them so if you want to do it, don't wait!

If you book a spa cabin the use of the facilities are included with the price as long as it wasn't a "free upgrade".

I would compare the price to upgrade vs. the price to purchase the spa passes.

The cove balcony was a similar price to an inside spa cabin and if I could do it again I would have booked the cove balcony and purchased the spa pass.

• 1 year later...
We are currently booked in an inside cabin on the Dream. If we move to a Spa Inside Cabin could we use the spa pool at no charge?

If you pay for the upgrade you get the package if carnival upgrades you to the spa cabin you will not get the package

Archived