Penthouse Suite or Category 11 which is best

Have not cruised on Carnival in the past and have booked a category 11 on the Destiny. Now I am wondering should I upgrade to Category 12. Can anyone tell me any benefit have the penthouse suite. Are the bathrooms same size. The photos on the web site are hard to figure the difference.

Please give me some hints on what to expect. I need to switch fast. My current suite is beside the elevator is that a problem.

To my knowledge, there isn't much of a difference. A cat. 12 has a bidet...a few extra square feet...they're fairly comprable.

We called Carnival a few weeks ago to discuss upgrading from our Cat. 11 to a Cat. 12 and the PVP went through the dimensions and such with us and told us not to bother because in her opinion, the upgrade for a few hundred dollars wasn't worth a few extra square feet.

We just got back from the Destiny and stayed in Cat 11. The penthouse suites were right next door, so we got to tour. The bathrooms were a little bigger and the "living room" area had 2 extra chairs. I/We would not pay for the difference but if Carnival gave us an upgrade, we'd take it.

Cat 11 were very nice cabins. Plenty of room - 4 people could hang out or sit on the balconey easily.

Lucy

I have also toured the Penthouse Suite and if money was no object to me, then I'd probably book it! We have had a Category 11 on the Victory and an Aft Balcony on the Destiny and were very happy with both.

Since you're on the Destiny, I personally think your money would be better spent on your excursions or gifts you'd like to send me :) This cruise is extremely Port intensive and you won't really get to enjoy your cabin as much.

This is the best cruise in the Caribbean IMO... You're welcome to read my review and view my pictures from the links in my signature below. I wish I could go back with you!!

Also, please see the following thread for some fantastic information, reviews, and folks just being friendly who all have the Destiny in common:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44544

Ok, I decided to safe the money and go to the spa instead. This board is so great because people are so honest and helpful. Now my final question can you bring on wine. MY TA said as much as you want unopend. Like my fine CA wines.

Again thanks so much. B

From the Carnival website:

Can I Bring Liquor On Board?

A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board.

One bottle of fine wine or champagne, per stateroom, may be brought on board during embarkation only. If the wine and/or champagne is brought to the Dining room for consumption, a $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged to the guest; otherwise, the guest may only drink the wine and/or champagne in the privacy of a stateroom. The wine and/or champagne may NOT be brought into any other public lounge or area.

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. Excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or the embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded.

Ports-of-Call

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in any Port-of-Call will be confiscated at the gangway, stored on board and retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Ship Gift Shops

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in the ship's gift shop will be stored on board and be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Drinking Alcohol On Board -

The minimum age for the purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages in the bars, lounges and gift shops is 21 years of age. Carnival reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. In the event that Bar/Restaurant/Gift Shop Staff are in question that a guest is less than 21 years old, they shall request picture identification, prior to serving the drink or selling the bottle of liquor.

Archived