Interesting Tidbits?

Ships R Great

What is the most interesting tidbit you have picked up from crew on a ship? Here's mine: Did you know that in Bali there are only four first names? The boys have "I" in front of their names and the girls have "Ni".

First boy is named I Wayin.

Second boy, I Madi

Third boy, I Yomahn

Fourth boy, I Ketut

Fifth boy, they start over with I Wayin.

First girl, Ni Wayin, etc.

Interesting, huh? I asked how the first and fifth boy know who their mother is calling. He said, "They know." :)

One of the most intersting things I heard was during our re-routing on the Century during hurricane Lili. I overheard a passenger ask a deck crewman what that land was off to our starboard side. He replied "Cuba"... which is what it should have been... but indeed it was actually Eleuthera! Cuba was several hundred miles to the south!

I was quite amazed at the time, but later realized that the lower ranked crew members weren't any more "in the know" than the rest of the passengers on the ship.

Theron

On our cruise to Bermuda there was a leak froma pipe on the fourth floor by the dinning room.Most passengers were not aware of this,but my DH is obsessed with finding out what was on the menu for dinner.Latter that day I heard a crew member tell a passenger that we were leaving late because the oil barge got lost.How does an oil barge get lost in the Port of New York?LOL By the way we didn't leave till after 10:30 pm

Archived