Bear Viewing at Redoubt Bay with Rusts

tears

Anyone take this tour? We will be in Alaska the middle of July and will be doing some sightseeing on our own before joining our cruisetour in Fairbanks. We heard that Rusts out of Anchorage is good but would like some feedback. Do you see bears close-up and whether it is worth the money. The other bear viewing tour would be out of Ketichkan but our husbands are doing a fishing charter there so we wouldn't be able to do it there. Any other suggestions, thoughts. Thanks for any help or advice.

MAT

We went on this trip to Redoubt Bay in early June a couple of years ago. It was too early in the season and we saw no bears! The only only wildlife we saw was a couple water birds and maybe one eagle. I would not book this trip again unless the odds are more in your favor.

We went to Anan Creek last year during the first week of August and saw tons of bears. This is a fly in from Ketchikan but much better odds. We saw grizzlies as well as blacks. There were bears everywhere you looked including several moms and cubs.

Do your research and make sure that they statistically have good odds to see bears at that time or you may just get a scenic float plan trip.

We are going with Rusts in July but we are going to Brooks Falls, maybe that is one you could consider? Def will see a good amount of bears there i think you will find

Thanks for the info. We will consider this but I don't think we can do the 12 hour tour as we will be driving up from Seward on the day we can take the tour.

Thanks for the info. We will consider this but I don't think we can do the 12 hour tour as we will be driving up from Seward on the day we can take the tour.

We wanted to stay in Seaward instead we will spend the whole day there and return to Anchorage in the evening ready for our flight in the morning. I thought most flights leave fairly early in the morning, but this one leaves a bit later does it?

Archived