Monkeys, Pottery and Beach

bagelmom6

Has anyone done this tour through Island Marketing? I searched the forum and didn't see many mentions of Island Marketing in Barbados. What I'm wondering is, does the monkey portion of the tour take place at the wildlife preserve? Also, do the monkeys climb all over you? I'll be travelling with my mom and 6 y.o. DD. She loves monkeys and would love to see them but I think she'd be scared if they started jumping on her.

Sorry I can't completely answer your question because we haven't been on this particular tour. However we've stayed on Barbados for a vacation and the Wildlife Refuge was the only place we saw monkeys. The monkeys won't let you touch them. They showed up for feeding time and then all took off for the hills. They weren't held captive and were not really tame.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a caveat. We were on a tour in Honduras and visited a place that had baby monkeys. I was handed one and it climbed on my neck, which was fun, until it crawled down my arm and bit my finger! I realize it doesn't happen to everyone, but it bit me. Fortunately, it didn't break the skin, but I always like to mention to folks that it can and did happen. I'd be particularly careful with a six-year old because they are more vulnerable.

Has anyone done this tour through Island Marketing? I searched the forum and didn't see many mentions of Island Marketing in Barbados. What I'm wondering is, does the monkey portion of the tour take place at the wildlife preserve? Also, do the monkeys climb all over you? I'll be travelling with my mom and 6 y.o. DD. She loves monkeys and would love to see them but I think she'd be scared if they started jumping on her.

Hi BagelMom,

Yes, we went on this tour, http://barbadoscruiseexcursions.com/BarbadosMonkeyBeach.html and it was fabulous! No, its not teh monkey reserves, instead we went to an area where they monkeys live. we walked down a path and found the monkey in the jungle. The monkeys are curious, but they do not touch you, you can get close, but you don't get that close! Our guide explained to us that the monkeys hang out in their "home" areas for most of the day, they only visit the monkey santuary during feeding time, so most people really dont get to see much of the monkeys if they go to the reserve. They are small and cute and worth seeing! We also liked the pottery studio as there were local artists working there. it was nice to know that the souveniers we bought were really made in barbados, and not a factory in china, it made them that much more special to see the artists at work. our driver stopped at a little restaurant so we could buy lunch to take to the beach and then we spent the afternoon on a gorgous beach. we absolutely loved this tour!

Hi BagelMom,

Yes, we went on this tour, http://barbadoscruiseexcursions.com/BarbadosMonkeyBeach.html and it was fabulous! No, its not teh monkey reserves, instead we went to an area where they monkeys live. we walked down a path and found the monkey in the jungle. The monkeys are curious, but they do not touch you, you can get close, but you don't get that close! Our guide explained to us that the monkeys hang out in their "home" areas for most of the day, they only visit the monkey santuary during feeding time, so most people really dont get to see much of the monkeys if they go to the reserve. They are small and cute and worth seeing! We also liked the pottery studio as there were local artists working there. it was nice to know that the souveniers we bought were really made in barbados, and not a factory in china, it made them that much more special to see the artists at work. our driver stopped at a little restaurant so we could buy lunch to take to the beach and then we spent the afternoon on a gorgous beach. we absolutely loved this tour!

What beach did you go to? How many people were in your group? What type of food was on the menu for lunch?

• 1 month later...
What beach did you go to? How many people were in your group? What type of food was on the menu for lunch?

We went to Carisle beach, white sand, uncrowded, nice beach.

We stopped at a little local restaurant for take out, there was mostly chicken and fish on the mene. It was cheap, local and i loved it.

There were 4 of us on the tour.

Archived