Special Occasions On Carnival?

Liverpoollovely

Hi

I have not been able to find the answer on Carnival or on this site so I thought I would ask here :) ...

When it comes to birthdays ... it will be my sisters birthday on the 8th June but we are having a party on that date so are flying out on the 12th June to meet our Cruise on 16th June ... I was wondering as a surprise for her could I arrange on board the ship to have the room decorated in the festive birthday decorations and arrange for a belated birthday cake to be made especially for her ... or do I need to arrange this in advance online? would it be a problem that it was not officially her birthday on the cruise?

I would prefer it to be a surprise for her as her credit card account will be on the sign and sail and I do not want her knowing ahead of time about what I plan to do ...

I always have money aside to pay her for anything I buy on board :) so i plan to pay her after the cruise

I appreciate any feedback or help anyone can provide me as I am a new Carnival Cruiser this will be our first Carnival Cruise :D:)

Thank You

You can do all this through ordering online from Bon Voyage or calling them at (800)522-7648 - Monday through Friday 9AM-6PM EST.

1) Birthday Decorations for the cabin: http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=Special+Occasions&pid=80E

2) Birthday Cakes (can be delivered to the cabin or to your table in the dining room): http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx?cat=Occasions+Cakes

You can pay for this with a credit card and it will not show up on your or her cruise documents or Sail & Sign account.

You can do all this through ordering online from Bon Voyage or calling them at (800)522-7648 - Monday through Friday 9AM-6PM EST.

1) Birthday Decorations for the cabin: http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=Special+Occasions&pid=80E

2) Birthday Cakes (can be delivered to the cabin or to your table in the dining room): http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx?cat=Occasions+Cakes

You can pay for this with a credit card and it will not show up on your or her cruise documents or Sail & Sign account.

Hi thank you for your reply sorry for not stating in the original post but I do not have any credit cards so was wondering if it would be possible to arrange it on the day on embarking onto the cruise?

Hi thank you for your reply sorry for not stating in the original post but I do not have any credit cards so was wondering if it would be possible to arrange it on the day on embarking onto the cruise?

I know that you can order cake on board (go to formalities, ask guest services for directions). You want to make sure where and when you want cake to show up. On New Year trip we ordered bottle of champagne for New Years and they wanted to send it to our cabin, we had to request for the bottle to show up at the dinner table on New Year eve.

I also have read either here or on John Heald's blog that you can get decorations at formalities too. If I remember it correctly, last year Carnival could not sell decoration on-line because of change over in the decorations style, but old type of decorations were still available on board. The convenience of ordering on line is that the decorations are there when you first enter the room - a very nice surprise. You might want to get on board early, snick in to formalities right away (hopefully they will be open) and ask the room to be decorated as soon as possible.

Everything you order on board will show up on Sail and Sign though. Can't you use debit card prior to cruising?

You can arrange the cake once onboard by going to the Formalities Shop it will then be placed on your Sail & Sign which is then attached to your sister from what I can tell, so she may see it.

Stateroom decorations need to be ordered before hand because they only put them up on the day of embarking.

So with both of these you are looking at possible issues.

Have you thought about getting a "reloadable credit card". You can pick these up in the States pretty easily. You just go to a store that offers them give them cash and they apply it to the card.

Example:http://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/greendot.jsp

Since you don't want any charges on your sister sign and sail card and you do not have a credit card, you might want to go to a dollar store, buy the decorations and pack and carry them. You can either slip the steward a little extra cash to decorate the room while you are at dinner, or do it yourself while your sister is preoccupied somewhere else.

As for the cake, you will either have to order it pre-cruise or from the formalities shop on board. I think they run around $8-$12 and are quite good. They will deliver it to the room or serve it in the MDR at dinner. If they serve it at dinner, they will also sing to her. On our last cruise the charge for the cake showed as a formalities charge on our sign and sail card so if it is charged to your sister's card it would not show as a cake. You could just give her the cash before the cruise and tell her you may need to charge a few small things on board.

You might want to ask a friend if they would order the cake on their card and you can pay them immediately. I think they also will accept debit cards for orders.

BTW, both the chocolate and the strawberry cakes are excellent.

It is so nice of you to do this for your sister. Hope you have a great cruise.

I know that you can order cake on board (go to formalities, ask guest services for directions). You want to make sure where and when you want cake to show up. On New Year trip we ordered bottle of champagne for New Years and they wanted to send it to our cabin, we had to request for the bottle to show up at the dinner table on New Year eve.

I also have read either here or on John Heald's blog that you can get decorations at formalities too. If I remember it correctly, last year Carnival could not sell decoration on-line because of change over in the decorations style, but old type of decorations were still available on board. The convenience of ordering on line is that the decorations are there when you first enter the room - a very nice surprise. You might want to get on board early, snick in to formalities right away (hopefully they will be open) and ask the room to be decorated as soon as possible.

Everything you order on board will show up on Sail and Sign though. Can't you use debit card prior to cruising?

Thank you for your response :) .. I have asked John Heald but in the event he cannot get back to me then I will do what you suggested about sneaking into formalities ... unfortunately I do not have a debit card either :(

You can arrange the cake once onboard by going to the Formalities Shop it will then be placed on your Sail & Sign which is then attached to your sister from what I can tell, so she may see it.

Stateroom decorations need to be ordered before hand because they only put them up on the day of embarking.

So with both of these you are looking at possible issues.

Have you thought about getting a "reloadable credit card". You can pick these up in the States pretty easily. You just go to a store that offers them give them cash and they apply it to the card.

Example:http://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/greendot.jsp

Thanks for your response i will be giving my sister the money i have like an expenses tab with her if i purchase anything on board on our previous cruises or if i want to go half on the excursions we go on i pay her when we get home from the holiday ... I live in the UK so I cannot get a reloadable credit card as far as I am aware of those would be really useful if i could

Since you don't want any charges on your sister sign and sail card and you do not have a credit card, you might want to go to a dollar store, buy the decorations and pack and carry them. You can either slip the steward a little extra cash to decorate the room while you are at dinner, or do it yourself while your sister is preoccupied somewhere else.

As for the cake, you will either have to order it pre-cruise or from the formalities shop on board. I think they run around $8-$12 and are quite good. They will deliver it to the room or serve it in the MDR at dinner. If they serve it at dinner, they will also sing to her. On our last cruise the charge for the cake showed as a formalities charge on our sign and sail card so if it is charged to your sister's card it would not show as a cake. You could just give her the cash before the cruise and tell her you may need to charge a few small things on board.

You might want to ask a friend if they would order the cake on their card and you can pay them immediately. I think they also will accept debit cards for orders.

BTW, both the chocolate and the strawberry cakes are excellent.

It is so nice of you to do this for your sister. Hope you have a great cruise.

Thank you for your response .. this is a great idea I will probably have this as a backup fall back plan in the event of the services not being open on embarking on the ship thank you! I think I will tell my sister I will need to use her card for a few minor things and not to look into it as I wouldn't be comfortable using my friends cards and get the cake on board at least even if i cannot have the room decorations from carnival I will have something from them :D the delicious looking cakes I have a few days before the cruise so i could easily purchase the decorations there and then

Awe Thank you she does a lot for me and she is my big sister

Thank you everyone for your suggestions so far

We ordered a bithday decoration set from the Carnival Website and the room was decorated when we arrived on the ship. Since you pay ahead of time it is not on your onboard expense account!

Thank you for your response :) it sounds so lovely :) i am determined to get this for her :) even if it is a belated birthday surprise i think she will still love it :)

• 1 month later...
Ok so I just went to purchase this .... I got do far as the check out got my sister to enter her detais to me and then when it came to the postal code it would not go any further saying the postal code was invalid ... I am so annoyed

Do as suggested in the first response. Call Carnival directly and they will walk you through exactly what you need to do. That's what they're there for. ;) Don't stress, it will all turn out beautifully!

I'm taking my Mom on a short cruise in December. Her birthday is Dec. 1st and we set sail on Dec. 3 so, it will also be a "belated" celebration for her as well. Going to order the cake to be served in the MDR, room decorations and I'll bring decals to decorate our cabin door; all as a surprise for her 80th B-day. We're both sooooo excited! Enjoy you cruise with your sis.

Archived