Tortola-Are there resorts that will let you use their facilities for the day?

BriarRose

Hey Everyone,

We will be in Tortola in 2 weeks. We don't really want to book an excursion, since we will be on a daysail in St. Thomas the following day. What we really want to do is hang out at a Beach resort like you can in Nassau. Are there any resorts in Tortola that will let cruise ship passengers use their facilities for a day? Has anyone ever been able to do this at the Long Beach Resort?

Hey, I was in tortola back in march, we went to a beach... I forget the name but its the beach that everyone from the cruise went to.... the beach is great its the shape of a half moon with a really long beach and yachts anchored a bit farther out... you can get there by taking one of the "safari" taxies that are waiting at the peir. I dont recall how much the taxies were but it wasnt to much. As well you can get beach chairs but you have to rent them for about 5$ each. It is a very nice beach and there a nice bar on it with facilities as well and a gift shop and such.

let me know how it goes. if you decide to do that.

M2D,

I think the beach you are probably talking about is Cane Garden Bay. We also did this beach in September. The water was so warm and clear and if it is a clear day you can actually see St.Thomas and St.Johns. If you do go there you must try a drink called painkiller. As for resorts I don't think there are to many. But I'm sure you'll enjoy the beach. Also look on ports of call, other carribean islands, there is a ton of info on Tortola.

Thanks for the help guys! We decided to catch a ferry over to the baths for the day. We can do that on our own for a lot less $, plus spend more time there than we can with the ship sponsored tour.

Peggy-I'll be sure to post a review on the HA board when we get back, plus a quick review of our stops in Tortola and St. Thomas (we are booked with Rumbaba for the day).

Archived