Boston Hotel Help for June

noloafing

I'm looking for a Boston hotel room with two beds and a pullout couch (I need three beds). I would like it to be withing walking distance to a Duck Tour stop too. For the night of June 1 (pre cruise), and price range around $240.

Anyone have any recommendations?

The bad news is that you're not going to get everything you want for $240. Are you flying or driving? Can you manage your luggage? How many people are you? If you have kids, what are their ages?

The good news is that I'm seeing our favorite 4* Waterfront hotel on Hotwire for $125 (I put in 2 adults and 3 children - 2 rooms) - this is a fantastic price. It is highly likely to be the Westin Convention Center, but could also be the Seaport or Renaissance - all very very nice hotels - no downside risk here. All the other hotels I'm seeing are in the $250+ range for 1 room - getting a room for 5 would be even pricier. I'd grab the Waterfront deal immediately - it will not last long. Whatever hotel it is, it is likely you can call them ahead of time and ask if they can block you out connecting rooms.

The Westin is just blocks from the pier. If you're driving, you can drop off your luggage and ditch your car in the cruise parking. If you're flying, you have the option of taking the Silver Line from the airport to the World Trade Center instead of a cab.

The Duck tour is awkward to get to - it leaves from either the Museum of Science or Back Bay. You can take the "T" to get there for $2/pp (kids under 12 are free). We can provide directions.

If you get rooms at the Westin, post back. The area is very safe and is primarily office buildings, but it's close to the waterfront and the pier and there are now a number of nice restaurants tucked away in the area. There's a 7-11 on Northern Ave near the World Trade Center. The "T" is a block away - short ride to South Station where you can change to the Red Line to go to the Green Line to get to either Duck Tour stop. I would suggest doing the Duck Tour from Back Bay, but if you also want to go to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market you would be better off leaving from the Museum of Science.

I did get the Westin - two rooms, $125 each. Thank yo so much for the heads up on that rate. You said I can take the Silver Line from the airport to the World Trade Center. How far and what kind of a walk is it to the Westin from the WTC?

We are all able bodied, but we will be wheeling luggage.

It's a long block from the T to the hotel. It's wide open - when you get to the top of the escalators, you are looking at the Westin - it's away from the water. I'd call them to see if they have connecting rooms. Usually those rooms are not the most desirable, so they may be glad to assign them to you.

Thank you again for the information. What do you know about restaurants? I need something that would satisfy both meat eaters and vegetarians - reasonably priced, but not fast food. Around the Westin or something that will be nearby after the Duck Tour from Prudential Center.

I'm not really big on restaurants but can make some recommendations. You have vegetarians and meat eaters, but where does your group stand on seafood? Legal Seafood Test Kitchen is on Northern Ave - http://www.legalseafoods.com/restaurants/boston-legal-test-kitchen-br-seaport Also the No Name restaurant on the Boston Fish Pier on Northern Ave.

However, you might find it more exciting to stay in Back Bay after the Duck Tour - lots of shopping and restaurants. The urban malls are in Copley Place and the Prudential. Newbury Street is a wonderful place to browse. If you check out restaurant menus as you go along, I'm sure you would find a place that everyone could agree on.

I'm sailing tomorrow, so I won't be online for 11 days. I'll check back then.

Archived