Deck/Inside room number preference - Dream

Hi

Looking to book to dream for September Moorish delights/Roman Epic and was wondering if anyone can recommend room numbers.

Not particularly bothered about outside cabins as don't intend to spend much time in it. But what Deck is best for good night sleep.

This will be our first cruise so all help appreciated.

Last time we were in 6141, outside plus, on deck 6. It was excellent and close to a stairway to access other decks and not noisy.

Before that we were in 7023, standard inside on deck 7. The cabin and position was fine but we discovered that it was immediately below the disco. The late night noise was intrusive so we insisted we got moved and were given 6001 standard inside, right at the front and this was fine.

I cant remember the one before that.

If you're looking for an inside cabin, I'd probably go with whichever is the lowest price (usually Deck 4/5 Inside). Deck 5 is probably better out of these as then you're not on the same deck as the restaurant or the gangway. The cabins at the front (5001 to 5043) are probably the best ones as the ones near the back are nearer the engine so could be noisier and the ones in the middle are above the restaurant so more noise may be expected there.

If you pay extra for the Deck 6/7 Inside (or as in the case of some cruises all the Deck 4/5 Inside are sold), these cabins are the same size as the ones on deck 4/5, so you're paying for being higher. Out of these, deck 6 is probably better as deck 7 is below the main entertainment deck. Again, the ones nearer the back might be noisier as they're nearer the engine. But, if you're not using your cabin much apart from sleeping, then I'd go for the an inside on deck 5.

Hope that helps! :)

We had cabins 7134 and 7136, just round the corner from the stairs and lifts and we never heard any noise day or night. They are the wrong end of the ship for disembarking, but at least we weren't disturbed by those who were queueing to get off and they were very convenient for the Lido restaurant and pool. :cool:

We have booked 7200 on two cruises. Its towards the back but not under the disco. We like this position as we were only 4 cabins away from the aft outside deck on 7 - nice for a early look around before breakfast and a last look at the sea before bed. Just up to sets of stairs for the Lido for breakfast but a long corridor for the Restaurant.

We're doing Moorish Delights in June are in cabin 1012 -anyone got any info on that deck?

Its above deck 9 and below deck 11 ;) :D

John,I will carry out a thorough inspection of deck 10 and report back.I`ll leave a wee half bootle under the bed in cabin 1012 for you.

We've just returned from a cruise on the Dream and had cabin (inside) 7110. No problems at all - no noise from up or down, no unpleasant smells and well located for various lifts. Last year we had cabin 7096 a very similar location and again no problems whatsoever. Good luck!

Its above deck 9 and below deck 11 ;) :D

John,I will carry out a thorough inspection of deck 10 and report back.I`ll leave a wee half bootle under the bed in cabin 1012 for you.

Thanks Jim.

Told you to apply for the comedian's job!!

p.s. What's with the HALF bottle? Anyway make sure it's full and seal intact!

right thanks for advice Ive booked 6104 inside cabin near stairs and lifts -but not right next to as was unsure of noise from lift shafts (if their working ok judging by reports of them being slow :D)

Hope that's a good choice :confused:

Archived