Carrying drinks/water aboard

How do most of you bring your water and soda aboard? Decided against getting a soda card sec. to price and want to bring this on ourselves? I have a travel bag I could put it in- do they open this when u board? has anyone ever had any problems?

Last cruise we went on we had the smallest of the 3 set of luggage filled with cans of soda and capri suns for the kids and also 12 beers and a bottle of rum. We had to put in on the belt to be scanned and they did not even blink at it! At every port we stopped at DH purchased some local beer and carried it on, same thing. We even saw the person who cleaned out cabin bringing drinks on ahead of us. I have never seen someone told no in our two cruises. We will bring something again with us again in July. Don't get me wrong, we give them plenty of out $$ in drinks and other things.

We did purchase a coke card also on the cruise with the kids, and they went thru everything we brought also!

My DD and her SO brought on 2 cases of Dr. Pepper last Nov. on Explorer without being questioned. In St. Maarten I broke down and bought myself a 6 pack of Pepsi (I don't drink Coke) and carried it on in the little plastic shopping bag from the store. Again, no problems at all.

We bought a case of water and a few boxes of Capri Suns in Port Canaveral before boarding. We put them in a large duffle bag and checked them--no problems. We asked our stateroom attendant to clean out the fridges and stocked them w/our own water & drinks. It was great to have when going into ports, etc.

We generally take a couple of bottles of water onboard and replenish at port during the week. No way am I going to haul extra weight like water or soda cans onto a ship. The water onboard is fine for drinking, you can get a pitcher of it from your room steward, ask for lemon slices to put in it.

I have not personally done this as I have not been on a cruise yet. But my sister has been on several cruises and they usually take a case of wine on board with them, by using a wine shipping box (this is a square cardboard box with styrofoam inserts to hold the wine bottles) and they never had a problem.

How do most of you bring your water and soda aboard? Decided against getting a soda card sec. to price and want to bring this on ourselves? I have a travel bag I could put it in- do they open this when u board? has anyone ever had any problems?

Hi,

My DH and I bring Aqua Packs with us on vacation now. It's a day pack sized back pack with a built-in refillable water bladder with drinking nozzle. They're our beach/shopping/carry-on/everything bags on vacation. We'll have them with us on RCCL Explorer of the Seas 24 April, 2005 -- two days away! We refill with economy sized spring water purchased where the tap water is no good. Good luck, have fun.

-Melissa

We do it every cruise. Just put the drinks in a cooler and carry it on. No problems at all. If you want alcohol for your room, just buy those little bottles at the liquor store, the kind you get on an airplane. Pack them in your carry on. As soon as you get to your cabin, have the cabin stewart empty the fridge of the drinks they have in there.

Last cruise, the cabin steward put ice in the cooler everyday for us. We kept it under the sink in the bathroom.

We still had a hefty bar bill at the end of the cruise. The drinks were only for room consumption.

Has anyone packed a box with beverages and sent them through with your luggage? I think I am going to do this on our next cruise...we have a fridge so we really don't need a cooler though the last time we brought a cooler it worked great as a laundry hamper to take our dirty clothes in. Just a thought...especially for water. I usually buy myself a soda card since I don't drink. Hubby pays for his drinks...but the water is a bit pricey.:o

Archived