Galveston Hotels Park Sleep Cruise

PAPERBKWRITER

Anyone have experience with Inn at the Water Park. Looking for a clean reesonable place that offers free shuttle to the pier and free parking with a stay. In the past we have used Howard Johnsons but that place is a bit tired and they didn't have free shuttle service to the ship. I think they do now. The nicer hotels are more $ than I want to spend since we will be spending a few days in Galveston.

We stayed at the Inn at the Waterpark before our cruise last week. The room was great. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave. They had a minature golf course. You could park your car, and they had a shuttle to take you to and from the cruise ship area. This past Sunday, as the shuttle was making its way toward the Inn, it was involved in a wreck. I was not there, but as I understand it, a pick up pulled in front of the shuttle. There were 13 on board plus the driver. All were taken to the hospital. The president of the Inn went to the hospital to offer his services, etc. Our friends were taken back to the Inn and were put up for another night. They felt that he was extremely helpful. I don't know if the Inn will have another shuttle or not. I would surely stay there again.

Nancy

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear about the accident and I'm sure they'll have a replacement. I did book there since I know waiting can mean they're booked solid. We have stayed at Howard Johnsons 3 times but were hoping for little nicer place since we are staying 2 nights. (mostly good guest reviews) Did you have any problem getting their shuttle going back? I don't want to wait 2 hours and if its slow I'd just get a $15 taxi back.

I haven't stayed there for a cruise, but when we came with 2 of our kids for the Magic/Maroon 5 concert we stayed there. The room was very nice, I had no complaints. The past 2 cruises I've stayed at Four Points Sheraton, it is extremely nice for the price and they do offer free cruise parking. The shuttle is $7 a person so we just took a taxi.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear about the accident and I'm sure they'll have a replacement. I did book there since I know waiting can mean they're booked solid. We have stayed at Howard Johnsons 3 times but were hoping for little nicer place since we are staying 2 nights. (mostly good guest reviews) Did you have any problem getting their shuttle going back? I don't want to wait 2 hours and if its slow I'd just get a $15 taxi back.

We did not leave our car there; so, we did not use the shuttle. I don't know how long our friends waited. They also did not have to wait at the very end of the dock where we had to go for the Lighthouse shuttle. They waited under a flag.

Nancy

Archived