ShonandSuzie's Victory 1/22 Review (w/ many pics)

shonandsuzie

1st off - Wow, what a great review! You guys look like you had a ball...Thanks for taking the time to post.

2nd - These two pics are gorgeous!!!! This will be on my "bucket list" for sure....wow...again, very pretty.

Thanks again! Also Happy BIRTHDAY!! Woot Woot :)

Thank you. That view was awe inspiring to say the least.

Happy belated birthday Suzie! That was such a wonderful review! You too know how to do it right! We will be on this cuise June 3rd. Can't wait to do and see some of the things you all did. Four months away but your review makes very excited. Thank you so much.

Four months will be here in a flash! Wish I had another in 4 months but alas, we have to wait until September for the next.:(

Thanks so much for this great review. Really enjoyed the pictures. We are taking this cruise in October. Did you use the Serenity area very much? If so, how was the noise? I noticed that it is near some of the kids clubs and the entrance to the pool slide.

We are from Kentwood. Outside of Grand Rapids.

This is a great time of year to cruise from these part, huh? This snow is my enemy. :D

Yes, this is a great time of year to cruise the Caribbean for us Michiganders! Kentwood, eh? Another west sider! Really, though, we can't complain about this winter too much. In relative terms it hasn't been that bad! In fact, it has been downright tolerable. I work in Allegan so I have a drive and a half. This winter is has been pretty much worry-free. Of course, I am sure I have just jinxed us for March!!!! :)

Thanks so much for this great review. Really enjoyed the pictures. We are taking this cruise in October. Did you use the Serenity area very much? If so, how was the noise? I noticed that it is near some of the kids clubs and the entrance to the pool slide.

Hey, you'll be getting off as we get on. The 15th is our 30th wedding anniversary so really enjoyed this review and getting psyched for the cruise.

There was not much noise when we were out there at all. There are wooden walls that seperate the slide area from the Serenity area. There is a kiddie pool on the deck below on one side but I don't recall hearing any noise from it. It really feels pretty secluded unless you actually lean and look over the railing at the deck below. The wooden "gates" or "wall" structures really worked well. I only wish I could have heard the calypso band a little better from Serenity.

Yes, this is a great time of year to cruise the Caribbean for us Michiganders! Kentwood, eh? Another west sider! Really, though, we can't complain about this winter too much. In relative terms it hasn't been that bad! In fact, it has been downright tolerable. I work in Allegan so I have a drive and a half. This winter is has been pretty much worry-free. Of course, I am sure I have just jinxed us for March!!!! :)

Probably! We keep saying, the winter's gotta be coming eventually! Hopefully, not in May. Lol.

I know 96 from Muskegon is often troublesome in the winter. I always hear about the cars in the median and ditches. Drive safe!

Any idea if your head waiter, Carlos, was from Jamaica? We were on the Fantasy in May 2011 and our head waiter was Carlos from Jamaica and he was outstanding, best waiter ever. Just wondering if he has changed ships.

He definately was not from Jamaica but I cant remember exactly where he was from. I will ask Shon. I know he'll remember.:o

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. It looks like you both had a fabulous time!

We did. It was super great!:cool::)

Any idea if your head waiter, Carlos, was from Jamaica? We were on the Fantasy in May 2011 and our head waiter was Carlos from Jamaica and he was outstanding, best waiter ever. Just wondering if he has changed ships.

He definately was not from Jamaica but I cant remember exactly where he was from. I will ask Shon. I know he'll remember.:o:cool::)

I may be late but Shon just read this and yelled upstairs to me; " Carlos was from Peru!"

Not only did I forget where Carlos was from but I forgot to ask Shon where Carlos was from... LOL!!:D

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this review! We're planning the St John caravan that you did too.

You both look so happy:D

Originally Posted by shonandsuzie viewpost.gif

While we were hanging out for our St. Lucia "sea day", we saw a bunch of crazy drunk people coming back to the ship. Various people at various times were just stumbling and falling and being ridiculous. very entertaining.

232323232%7Ffp63583%3Enu%3D3276%3E%3B62%3E575%3EWSNRCG%3D376339378732%3Anu0mrj

These people look like they came from a Cosol tour!!:eek:232323232%7Ffp635%3A7%3Enu%3D3276%3E%3B62%3E575%3EWSNRCG%3D376339487%3A32%3Anu0mrj

And we picked up a little money saving liquids at the cruise terminal to use throughout the week! (Gotta love cruising out of SJU!)

232323232%7Ffp635%3B4%3Enu%3D3276%3E%3B62%3E575%3EWSNRCG%3D3763359%3B9632%3Anu0mrj

Can you board this alcohol onto the ship with you.. if you buy them at the terminal? Loving the review so far..and great great photos..!!! the hotel you stayed in was expectacularrrrrrrr :eek::eek::)

232323232%7Ffp635%3B6%3Enu%3D3276%3E%3B62%3E575%3EWSNRCG%3D376339373232%3Anu0mrj

I'll say it was a perfect day all in all and I am so happy that I experienced it with my best friend for life.

WOWWWWWW!!!!!:eek: AMAAZING PHOTO!!! AND YOU GUYS ARE SOO FREAKIN CUTE...I LOVE THE ' WILD AND OUT ' PICTURES TOO !! HAHA =)

Okay..nevermind.. now that I read the entire REVIEW I GOT IT!! HAHA

You guys are so much fun.. i SPECIALLY LOVE THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES!!! Thanks a lott because many of the things you mentioned might be a great idea for my upcoming cruise in May. I am doing this cruise ( crossing fingers )... and you gave great hints !!!! CANT WAIT !!

P.S. I wish my boyfriend and I could cruise with you guys too..... you guys are naturally awesome!!

Thanks for the review!! :)

- Bea

Okay..nevermind.. now that I read the entire REVIEW I GOT IT!! HAHA

You guys are so much fun.. i SPECIALLY LOVE THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES!!! Thanks a lott because many of the things you mentioned might be a great idea for my upcoming cruise in May. I am doing this cruise ( crossing fingers )... and you gave great hints !!!! CANT WAIT !!

P.S. I wish my boyfriend and I could cruise with you guys too..... you guys are naturally awesome!!

Thanks for the review!! :)

- Bea

Thanks for the compliments!

We really love the southern itinerary and cruising out of San Juan!

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Great review Suzie. You are our kind of people from the looks of it. Your review was recommended on my roll call and I'm so glad it was. Love your writing style. Felt like I was already there. Would love to cruise together some time. I hope to do a review in June when I get back.

Susie,

I'll have to wait until June 10th to take the Victory. I'm excited already.:)

We might have to check out the store and try the smuggling technique. I'm practicing my big grin :D in case we succeed. I'm also practicing my perp walk :( in case we don't suceed.

We'll be right there with you. I wonder if there is safety in numbers. I hope the instructions they give us work well.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=cojuqui&date=6-10-2012&text=Countin

PAST CRUISES:

Celebrity Solstice 6/26/09 Eastern Mediterranean

Carnival Conquest 08/10/10 Eastern Caribbean

Happy belated birthday! Just had to drop by and say I really enjoyed your review. I celebrated my 30th on a cruise back in March. You and your husband make such a beautiful couple, I really love seeing married folk who are happy and love spending time together. It really shows :). The Southern Caribbean is our favorite itinerary so far. We enjoy going to Lobster Alive, and toured with Thenford last year.

I see you're celebrating your anniversary on the Oasis this year. We're celebrating our anniversary on the Allure just a couple weeks after you. Perhaps we'll cross paths in the future. Happy sailing and Happy Anniversary (in advance) to you two!

Great review Suzie. You are our kind of people from the looks of it. Your review was recommended on my roll call and I'm so glad it was. Love your writing style. Felt like I was already there. Would love to cruise together some time. I hope to do a review in June when I get back.

---

We'll be right there with you. I wonder if there is safety in numbers. I hope the instructions they give us work well.

Thanks! I can't belive they recommended mine. Sweet!!!:D I am glad people are finding it helpful! I will watch for your review as well.:) After our back to back on Oasis, we will be cruising in late January/Early February so stay tuned...

BTW, the instructuctions they'll give you for the alcohol will work wonderfully! Simple simple. Enjoy!

Happy belated birthday! Just had to drop by and say I really enjoyed your review. I celebrated my 30th on a cruise back in March. You and your husband make such a beautiful couple, I really love seeing married folk who are happy and love spending time together. It really shows :). The Southern Caribbean is our favorite itinerary so far. We enjoy going to Lobster Alive, and toured with Thenford last year.

I see you're celebrating your anniversary on the Oasis this year. We're celebrating our anniversary on the Allure just a couple weeks after you. Perhaps we'll cross paths in the future. Happy sailing and Happy Anniversary (in advance) to you two!

Thank you, thank you! And yoou should know, I got some of the tips for these excursions from your review! (Just got a swimsuit tip from one of your posts too---not that I'm stalking your posts but great minds think alike! Lol!)

I wish you guys were doing our Oasis cruise! We'd hang out!:cool::)

Archived