Vancouver: Kid Friendly Resturants?

AnotherVirginCruiser

Hi!

Vancouver has some fabulous, diverse, trendy restaurants. But, unless your kids are into sushi, sechwan or westcoast cuisine, I'd opt for one of the chains that adults love and also treat kids like stars.

You didn't mention what part of town you'll be in, so I'll just throw out a few of our favorites:

The Keg - Granville Island location is a personal favorite. The young staff make it fun & the atmosphere is neat. Great appetizers, awesome steaks. I think dessert for the birthday boy/girl is still on the house! Note: Granville Island's famous and fabulous Kid's Only Market is right across from the Keg. It's a huge building filled with truly amazing kid stores and play areas!

Red Robin (lots of locations) - fun menu - very, very kid friendly and you can still get a real drink! Cool frosty drinks for the kids - fab desserts

Montanas - wild west style - great appies - think they did away with letting you throw peanuts on the floor of the bar! Sad, but still a very fun place. The birthday boy/girl gets to wear moose horns while they sing!

:cool: Starbuck

Macaroni Grill. They do anything your kids will dream of with cheese (think pizza). Plus they've got some great upscale Italian food that adults appeciate as well. It's in a cool looking big old house and on warm days they have tables outside on the grass. It's in the northwest section of downtown.

For a fancier restaurant and one that my kids always enjoyed & now my Grandsons do too is Kobe's Japanese Steak House. the kids always like watching the chefs cook the food right at our table and the show they put on for the kids keeps them entertainned + the food is good. Located on Albernie St right downtown.

Not sure how much time you have the day before your cruise - or if you have a rental car, but I was thinking of fun alternate dinner ideas for you -

Hit the Granville Island market to pick up fresh bread (the olive bread from 'Terra' is amazing), cheeses, olives, pate, bagels w/cream cheese & lox, deli meats, berries, dessert, (wine even) and plan a terrific picinic at the beach! The vendors there can help with cutlery and all the accessories you'll need. There's a garden store just ouside the market (Dig This) where you could buy some inexpensive reed mats or maybe the hotel could provide a few blankets.

Kitsilano (Kits) Beach, Jericho Beach or Stanley Park are all great places to hang out. It'll be light till 9:30ish.

:cool: Starbuck

Archived