Good Upscale Resort in Barbados?

Goofyisme

Might I suggest The Crane in St. Philip.

It's much closer to GA airport than the pier.

There are many fine spots on the island to spend a few days, but The Crane always seems to get slam reviews. It's just unusual and breathtaking.

Please find their site HERE.

Have a wonderful time on the island! :)

If you are looking for truly upscale, I recommend Sandy Lane. Possibly even Glitter Bay or Royal Pavillion. All of these on the west coast. Depending on when you are cruising, you can enjoy the New Barbados Hilton, which is opening soon.

But I'm also going to ask what cruise are you taking. This may say alot about what kind of hotel you really would like to stay in.

good luck and have fun

Silversea offers a precruise package at the Fairmont Royal Pavillion. Take a look that their website http://www.fairmont.com/royalpavilion/ or you may want to book directly with Silversea for this as well.

If you prefer not to stay in the same hotel as recommend by Silversea, I would then recommend either Cobblers Cove http://www.cobblerscove.com or Coral Reef Club http://www.coralreefbarbados.com and as always Sandy Lane Hotel http://www.sandylane.com.

Enjoy your stay and I'm sure you will enjoy Silversea.

Silversea offers a precruise package at the Fairmont Royal Pavillion. Take a look that their website http://www.fairmont.com/royalpavilion/ or you may want to book directly with Silversea for this as well.

If you prefer not to stay in the same hotel as recommend by Silversea, I would then recommend either Cobblers Cove www.cobblerscove.com or Coral Reef Club www.coralreefbarbados.com and as always Sandy Lane Hotel www.sandylane.com.

Enjoy your stay and I'm sure you will enjoy Silversea.

Sunniebgi -- what do you see as the pros/cons of staying at one of these wonderful places versus another? Without seeing them first-hand it's sort of hard to compare.

Thanks for any suggestions!

RelaxNCruz

Honestly, I've never stayed in any of them.. except Sandy Lane and that was 10years ago.. before the new Sandy Lane was built. Mostly it's reputation. All of the resorts mentioned hold great reputations here in Barbados and the rest of the world. being in the travel industry (and I have for over 16years.. 12 of those in Barbados) I tend to read and listen to what people have to say about places they have stayed.

I actually know the family who owns Coral Reef Club, but I wouldn't neccessarily tell you to go there because of that. I know that a former hotel manager at Cobblers Cove made it what it is today and is now at the Crane Hotel (I hope that is still correct) and that the Crane is starting to come back into it's own as a great place to stay.

All of the resorts mentioned are on the west coast, good sea, great stretches of beach and great locations for a tropical holiday.

The main reason for suggesting the ones that I did was because the original posting asked for a Good Upscale resort.. Not that I have anything against Accra Beach Hotel, or SeaBreeze hotel on the South Coast (which are also great hotels) but someone going on SilverSea Cruises want's a similar experience on land that they will get at sea.... So this is what I recommend.

Take a look at the websites and decide what which is better for you based on what they have to offer.

Ya'll don't ask for much.. I'm going to start charging.. hehehe.. no don't think so..

Where to eat??? Expensive but nice.. The Cliff, The Restaurant at Southsea, The Lone Star.. Not so expensive - Joseph, Champers, Calabaza. Mannie's Suga Suga (never been there, but know Mannie.. so it must be good) L'Azure (at the Crane - you can get Bajan, Thai or Sushi.. good food). Long time favorite of mine - 39Steps Wine Bar and Bistro.

or for the not so picky..Lucky Horseshoe (2 locations to choose from).. or even better.. fast food.. Chefette.. mostly chicken fast food.. good not as cheap as American Fast food for sure. Don't go to KFC .. you will be discused by the price..

Enjoy.

Sunnie,

Thanks for all the helpful information. We decided to do the Silversea pre cruise at the Royal Pavillion and will definitely experience some of the dining establishments you have mentioned. Again thanks for all the help.

Keith

Archived