balcony question 1st time NCL traveler

Lil Eng

We are considering NCL and I would like to have a balcony. Since I am fair skinned I was wondering if there are any balconies that are partly covered. I am not sure what ships go our of NY in June but that would be the one we would be interested in taking. We previously went on Disney, Celebrity and Princess cruises so this would be our first Norwegian and I would really appreciate any help from seasoned NCL travelers. Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

Almost all balconies are covered by the balcony above it on any NCL ship. There are always exceptions though. Once you determine your desired ship you can look at deck plans for more info.

The Epic has a fair number of uncovered balconies. If that's your ship of choice, you can find a list of these in my signature below

I am fair skinned as well and have never had issues with balconies on NCL. Of course when in port, sometimes the sun will shine on the balcony depending on how we are facing but we have never been able to use it due to sun issues.

If you want something that is covered, how about a balcony in the front of the boat?

In our experience, the forward cabins with balconies are Pentouse suites, and their balconies offer almost no cover!

Any cabin alongside with a balcony should be fairly well covered, not only from the sun, but also sheltered from the wind.

Archived