are beaches free?

starbrite911

Okay I'm a complete newbie at this.. I lived in St. Kitts for two years for medical school but that was different..

Can a family of five find a beach for FREE? is that possible, forgive me if I sound cheap, I just have never heard of beaches costing money.

I am docking in Falmouth, in late Feb from RCC.

I also want to know if chairs, sand toys, things of that sort are available and if so from where, price, etc?

My family is very new to this travel stuff. I can imagine we will just want to walk around and explore and take pictures, that's it. Can anyone recommend a good affordable beach area that we can lie in the sand and make a castle and check out some cool wildlife or plantation as well near by ?

we are also staying in georgetown, grand cayman and cozumel mexico- same question goes for those :)

Sure. Grab a cab to "South Friars Beach". We went to ShipWreck Bar.

You can throw a towel on the sand, or rent chairs and shade. They have bathrooms, but I assume they are for the beach bar patrons, so it would be good to purchase something to eat or drink.

Should be $4-5 pp for cab, each way.

(For Cozumel, look at Paradise Beach)

Archived