Did I WIN?????

zcat

Got ONLY 14 pairs of shoes packed. Got 3 new pairs of Onex today. Am I allowed to count my slippers??????????? Oh yea will be gone 18 days. Let me know if I won I am so excited. Happy sailing Judy

I have a lot of Onex shoes they are very very comfy. Just bought 2 more, style Puff from Nordstrom and Doreen & Brittany from Zappos. The extreme soft leather (buttery) tops are sooo wonderful. And they make size 5 & that size is hard to find in any extensive selection. I recommend them and you can always return then free of chg., from Zappo. For the inexpensive price I can't beat them.

Okay, you can win, there is no way I would ever try to compete in that category. I love shoes and own many pair, but, I would never take that many on a cruise, or any vacation. Not only would I probably not wear them all, I can't stand having to pack, unpack, organize and store, repack and carry all the weight of a bunch of shoes.

I've pared my shoe list down the more I cruise. Same with clothes, too, if I can't wear it at least twice, it has to stay home. I find I'm either too busy or too relaxed to keep track of so much stuff.

Let us know when you get back if you manage to wear them all!

You wouldn't believe how much stuff I took with me when I first started cruising 15 years ago. Everything had to match perfectly, and God forbid I'd wear something twice, or not have two outfits PER DAY, EVERY DAY. I'm talking about going so far as taking several fanny packs so they'd match every outfit. It was insane....

Aside from having too many heavy bags (this was in the day before the luggage weight limits), they were filled with too many things to keep track of.

Over the years, I've learned to simplify. Like you say, if you can't wear something at least twice, it doesn't go, and that's my rule with shoes too. If a pair of shoes doesn't match at least two outfits, I don't take them.

I'm a little less militant about shoes for formal nights, but they're less bulky, and therefore more lightweight, than regular shoes.

It's liberating to bring fewer things with you, and I still look fashionable and appropriate for any occasion.

T

First of all I wanted this to be a light hearted question, looks like I am wrong. We have several hundred days at sea. Have been cruising for many years hate to say how many. Both of us love clothes and shoes, don't know who has the most "things". Will I wear them all YES and my husband added two more pair today. Why cause he likes them. I don't push, carry or drag luggage that is for the person that picks us and takes us home to do. When we get to the ship the ship personal takes over from there and I don't see our luggage until it is in our stateroom. Mind packing or unpacking? No not at all. I have a list of everything I pack and which case it is in, makes life easy. Learned from my mother to pack as we wear something and know we will not wear it again this trip. So that being said. I will have a lot of luggage and it will all fit under the bed in the staterom.The cabin is very large. Sorry if I annoyed anyone I didn't mean to I am in a good mood and looking forward to going on a ship again. We are all so very lucky to be able to sail. Everyone enjoy your cruise on what ever ship you sail I sincerely wish you a very good time. Bye bye I'm on my way. All my best wishes

Can anyone tell me of Onex runs big/small or true to size. I tend to require a narrow width unless the shoe is made in Brazil or China. I saw some on ebay that are nice but I'm leary to bid since I'm not sure how the sizing works. Happy Sailing!

I'm not annoyed, I find it a bit amusing that someone would want to pack that much, especially someone who has cruised before!

So, you still get to win!

And....still let us know if you actually wear all those shoes.

I have a very well-traveled friend who takes at least two long-term (2 weeks or more) and long-distance (Europe) vacations a year, including many, many cruises, and this gal packs like she's never going to see home again.

I maintain that if she had to deal with stuff herself, she'd learn her lesson, but as it happens, she travels with her family a great deal and her brother or father end up wrestling with her many heavy bags. She's had to pay the airline overweight fees more than once, and she still doesn't scale back.

Does she EVER wear everything? Nope. Does that have any effect on not overpacking for the next trip? Nope. You'd think she's never travelled before.

It's crazy, I tell you. Crazy. I give her brother and father grief about being 'enablers' and tell her that she needs some kind of 12-step program.

T

I, too, pack alot of shoes and my dh and friends love laughing with me. I am a small size 5 and want more info. on Onex shoes.....going to Nordstrom to try a pair on. Any more info. on the website to order them?

Hey zcat - I'll let you win this time, but I'll try to beat your record in November. For my last 7 day I had 10 pairs (2 flip-flops, 3 thongs - low heel, 1 thong - high heel, 2 formal wear, 2 spikey sandals). I wore EVERY ONE OF THEM! :D I hate to be limited to the same pair every day and love variety. I do the same with clothes, assortments of t-shirts, shorts, skirts not to mention evening wear. I must pack very effectively because I've also never exceeded the weight requirements and yes, I "roll" my own suitcase (no one carries them any more, they're all on wheels!). My November is a 9 day, so I think that puts me at about a 12 shoe minimum!!! :eek:

Joelmarj: A woman after my own heart. I think of this date it is 19 pair - not sure. Have lots of colors heel heights and fabrics. Will I wear them all?? Of course or I woulden't take them. Like to match my outfits. Joelmarj, can we go together? Yea mine are on wheels too but I still don't tug,pull,yank,lift or push. That's what I am paying them for. We always take lots and lots of clothes. The list is long and boring. But I will tell you there 4 formal nights. I am taking 6 formals. Why??? Cause two of the 4 are hot and I might not want to wear them. Don't care about the weight driving to the pier. Need to finish packing, no not just shoes ,everything. Happy sailing

zcat:

I love fashion! I'm an overpacker for every cruise. I hate being anywhere and not having an outfit or shoes that I feel like I want to wear at that monent. I always budget for excess baggage or weight! I feel its a small price to pay for my happiness.

zcat - you must be my west-coast twin!!!!. :eek: I packed 3 formals when there were only two. Had to be able to make choices!:D I also had enough "informal" dresses to take care of 5 nights, and I only had 3 of those. I really love having choices and see what kind of weather, mood, suntan, whatever - I may have to decide what I'll wear. And your right, when I'm rolling around my suitcase, it's only to hand it off to a porter or limo drive. :rolleyes: My next cruise I get to drive to the port, but it's a repositioning, so I fly back. And lucky you - 18 days!!!. WOW, that's a packing dream for me. I think I'd break new records:D :D

We must meet, though I fear me may sink a ship with all our shoes on one ship.

Archived