Rum Runners

pokerpunk27

If people are smuggling how many of which size would you take for say a 6 day cruise?

Thanks

One or two drinking? Just one, 32 oz did me fine for a 7 day, but that was mostly a light rum and coke before lunch, a heavy one before dinner and another heavy one before bed.

I would say 64 oz plus of two people. But I also drank about 2-3 beers after lunch.

It's just the two of us. Here is the issue though, not sure what to take in the rum runner.

We usually drink beer, but the rum runners we will use for alcohol as it is more economical.

We do not drink pop/soda. Are we able to carry on juices as our "12" allotment?

Also, looking at what is provided free

• Coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, unsweetened iced tea, lemonade, orange juice, milk and water (fountain, not bottled) are free throughout the cruise

What alcohol can you mix with the above? I would like to try at home to see what I like. We will have to buy our alcohol down there, so want to be prepared.

Thanks,

It's just the two of us. Here is the issue though, not sure what to take in the rum runner.

We usually drink beer, but the rum runners we will use for alcohol as it is more economical.

• Coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, unsweetened iced tea, lemonade, orange juice, milk and water (fountain, not bottled) are free throughout the cruise

What alcohol can you mix with the above? I would like to try at home to see what I like. We will have to buy our alcohol down there, so want to be prepared.

Thanks,

I drink soda, so it was rum and cokes for me. Yes you can carry juice as your allotment of carry on. Also soda card is good for juice. I do not drink orange juice as it gives me bad heart burn, but I believe that OJ and a few other juices are only available at breakfast time.

Thanks,

Vodka mixes well with orange juice. Also, not bad with chocolate and milk.

I no longer smuggle, because I no longer drink alcohol, it was a personal choice (just as smuggling is) and it was the right one for me.

I don't judge or look down on ANYONE for either drinking or smuggling. For me, on our last 7 day cruise, smuggling was an absolute necessity. My S&S balance would have been way more than my cruise fare. :eek: I used RR flasks for every cruise up to and including that one. Always the same strategy. In checked luggage, stuffed into my dress shoes to hide the little cap-thingy from casual X-Ray inspection. Never had any problems at all.

I've stood in line at Guest services on the last evening of the cruises as people bring their S&S statements. I'm not at all worried based on what I've seen that smuggling is putting a serious dent into Carnival's alcohol sales. :D The bar tabs that some cruisers run up over 7 days can be truly incredible!!

Smuggle or don't smuggle, it's your choice. Far be it from me to pass judgment. [I][B][U][SIZE=5]Live, Laugh, CRUISE!!!![/SIZE][/U][/B][/I]

Archived