italian speaking in kids club

itmom

Hi everybody!

This is my first post in this board and I hope my english is understandable enough...it's easier reading rather than writing...hope you'll have lots of patience...

I've cruised 4 times before,1 Nile cruise and 3 Costa cruises,and in august I'll be sailing on Ncl Jade (made this reservation on september 2011,far before the Concordia disaster,so I didn't changed cruise company because of fear,just because we wanted to try the freestyle cruising!)

I know most passengers will be english speaking so I was wondering if my daughter (age 7)will be able to have some fun in kids club.Does anbody here have been on the Jade last summer and have seen any italian child in the kids club?Anyway she is a very social child ,she is always looking for new friends but maybe the different language could be a problem (even if children do not care much about different nations ,as I've seen before).

Thanks for your help!

August is a pretty popular cruise month for families before school starts again so there is a chance of finding other Italian speaking children especially because you will be in Europe.

She will still have a great time in the kids club. They have things like scavenger hunt, arts + crafts, dress-up as pirates or princesses. If she is outgoing she will have no trouble at all. They also have family activities such as pizza making, cupcake decorating etc where you can participate as well.

Be sure to go the first night for the "open house" where she can meet all of the counselors and tour the facility with you.

My son LOVES the kids club on NCL- I hope she will as well.

With raising my own children and being blessed with 4 grandchildren. One of the things I have learned was children are quite adaptable.

They appear to have a universal language. A tug on the sleeve or wave will have the other child follow to play. Handing a toy or holding a hand out can indicate they want to give or receive something. I'm sure your daughter will have a great time.

The counsellors are also used to dealing with children of all nationalities so I'd have to bet that they have a way of communicating with all of these children.

BTW you did very well communicating on here what you wanted to know. Welcome to CC. :)

Thank you all!

che5904,that's what I believe too,the universal language of children...I'm sure my daughter will have a great time on board,we'll have just 2 days at sea,and she will have so many things to do...

I'm glad you did understand me...grammar or words may not be correct,but what it matters is to be understood,after all...:)

While I can't say for sure, I can at least say one thing about kids and cruises!!

I think it tends to make kids a lot more adaptable to those with a language barrier.

My youngest has been on 4 cruises now, and has always loved the kids club. Recently his school just got a transfer student. Her English to say isn't the best. While the other kids had problems understand her, my son took to her right away and helped her start to adjust to her new country.

His teacher actually called and told me about it all, and according to my son, the reason it came natural to him was from meeting kids who didn't speak the same language on cruises.

Either way I am sure your daughter will have a great time and I am sure you will also!

Thank you all!

che5904,that's what I believe too,the universal language of children...I'm sure my daughter will have a great time on board,we'll have just 2 days at sea,and she will have so many things to do...

I'm glad you did understand me...grammar or words may not be correct,but what it matters is to be understood,after all...:)

I agree! We went on the Disney Dream in December and the best friend that my daughter made was Brazilian. She did not speak any English and my daughter did not speak any Portuguese. They drew pictures, did gestures etc. and had a great time playing the whole cruise. :)

Hi everybody!

This is my first post in this board and I hope my english is understandable enough...it's easier reading rather than writing...hope you'll have lots of patience...

I've cruised 4 times before,1 Nile cruise and 3 Costa cruises,and in august I'll be sailing on Ncl Jade (made this reservation on september 2011,far before the Concordia disaster,so I didn't changed cruise company because of fear,just because we wanted to try the freestyle cruising!)

I know most passengers will be english speaking so I was wondering if my daughter (age 7)will be able to have some fun in kids club.Does anbody here have been on the Jade last summer and have seen any italian child in the kids club?Anyway she is a very social child ,she is always looking for new friends but maybe the different language could be a problem (even if children do not care much about different nations ,as I've seen before).

Thanks for your help!

I don't have any young kids I just wanted to post and tell you that your English is better than that of most Americans...perfect grammar!!! :)

I'd love to learn to speak Italian...

I don't have any young kids I just wanted to post and tell you that your English is better than that of most Americans...perfect grammar!!! :)

I'd love to learn to speak Italian...

wow!!!You can't imagine how glad I am !!!!Thank you!!!

I just studied english for a few years at school(a looong time ago...)but I always tried to improve it in every way,watching movies in english,trying to understand what songs meant (that was often quite hard to do),and now I'm so proud I can talk to you, somehow...

Italian is a beautiful language but I'm afraid it's a hard job learning it...so many verbs,pronouns,I think english,in comparison is quite easy to study,the most difficult thing in your language is putting words in the right order and understand some words or phrases or slang that surely I wasn't taught at school...

thanks to all that encouraged me about my daughter in kids club...can't wait to sail!!!

Archived