for those cruising out of new orleans

elbodans

i'm just back from an RCI sailing out of new orleans, and i chose to arrive three (yes, three) days early and stay one day late. long story short, i enjoyed nola more than i enjoyed the cruise! so if you are sailing out of this port, give the city at least a day (if not five!) in one direction or the other. it's a GREAT place! (and the weather was much better than PA in january! ha!)

here's a link to the short blog post i wrote about my love for nola. hopefully it will help convince someone to do at least an extra night there pre- or post- cruise.

http://www.suitcasescholar.com/2012/02/10/neworleansloveaffair/

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your little blog! I fully understand - it's really hard to put a finger on exactly why you love NOLA or when it began. I've been a few times for short trips. NOLA's voice has been whispering in my ear since the last time - "when are you coming back to see me". Thankfully, I have a wonderful excuse when my hubby and I leave on our first cruise from the beautiful city next month. :)

Would love to hear about your cruise too (if you can tear yourself away from thinking about NOLA !!!) ;)

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your cruise review. We'll be in NOLA 1 day before and 2 days after the cruise. I'm looking forward to some great eating, drinking, and sightseeing!

i'm almost at the cruise part of my trip report--which can be found on the RCI boards here. you made a good choice planning some pre and post cruise time into your trip. nola is a GREAT place for eating, drinking, and sightseeing. have a great time!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your little blog! I fully understand - it's really hard to put a finger on exactly why you love NOLA or when it began. I've been a few times for short trips. NOLA's voice has been whispering in my ear since the last time - "when are you coming back to see me". Thankfully, I have a wonderful excuse when my hubby and I leave on our first cruise from the beautiful city next month. :)

Would love to hear about your cruise too (if you can tear yourself away from thinking about NOLA !!!) ;)

i think the city wants me to come back very, very soon. i may or may not have already looked at flights for may. ;-)

i'll be writing about my cruise at length on my blog, but i also have a trip report started over on the RCI forum.

hope you enjoy your first cruise!!!

We are arriving two days pre-cruise and staying one day post-cruise. We purposely picked a short cruise so we could have a few days in the city. I was there for a few days for work last year and can't wait to go back!

good choice! truth be told...i wish i could say this quietly...shhhh...i had more fun in nola than i did on the cruise! :eek:

Great story!

thanks!!!

Archived