Inspiration in Oct- Cozumel and GC, what if ports change?

SUNNY D

Just wondering....we are cruising in October (hurricane season). I know the likelyhood of weather changing our plans is higher during this time. I'd like to be as prepared as I can, although I realize even backup plans change. lol My question is, if weather or any other reason keeps us from one port of call (Cozumel or Grand Cayman), what other ports may the cruiseline decide to go to instead? I'd like to research things to do in those possible ports just incase we don't make it where we are supposed to.

Has anybody cruised in Oct? How was the weather for you? Thanks :)

Just wondering....we are cruising in October (hurricane season). I know the likelyhood of weather changing our plans is higher during this time. I'd like to be as prepared as I can, although I realize even backup plans change. lol My question is, if weather or any other reason keeps us from one port of call (Cozumel or Grand Cayman), what other ports may the cruiseline decide to go to instead? I'd like to research things to do in those possible ports just incase we don't make it where we are supposed to.

Has anybody cruised in Oct? How was the weather for you? Thanks :)

There is no way of ever knowing. It all depends where the actual storm is heading and the damage it has caused to other islands. You might not stop at any ports, so its impossible to say.

Thanks for your reply. I know nothing is for certain. I just thought "if" they did take you to another port, it would be "in the proximity" of the original. As in if you don't go to Cozumel for whatever reason, they wouldn't take you to the Bahamas, they would take you somewhere closer to Cozumel if they can right? I have never cruised before, I was just trying to understand how they do things in those cases. I thought they had "backup ports" so to speak. I'm still learning! lol Thanks anyway. :)

As stated above it is hard to tell in this case. With the Inspiration sailing out of Tampa it is really limited to just the western Caribbean. That will limit you to the ports available if the needs arises to change course. A lot will depend on the path of the storm and where it is headed.

Last year on the Fantasy we were scheduled to go to Nassau and in place of that we floated around for five days down in the Florida straits. No ports of call. It really is a hard call to make. Carnival did a good job of keeping everyone informed as to what was going on and also tried hard to keep plenty of entertainment going all around the ship. Most passengers went with the flow. Some were kind of ready to see land again after five sea days.:)

We sailed last year in the middle of the four hurricanes. We were on RCCL SOS out of Port Canaveral. We were probably the only week the didn't get delayed or have a day canceled the whole season. Poor us no free liquor, days at sea or future discounts only sunny weather! lol) Anyway, we were due to go to Nassua and CoCo Cay (thier private island). Due to severe damage their island was closed. Prayed if anything we got re-routed to Key West. We ended up stopping in Miami, a little strange living in Florida. But, making the best of it we took the airboat ride in the Everglades. Had a great cruise! Couldn't have been to bad we are booked to go again this Oct. 1st. Since Gray has predicted something like 11-12 Tropical storms 4-5 of those to be hurricanes we will again roll with the punches and have a good time!

Burnsie

Archived