swimmimg pools & gym on NCL Sun ?

Are there any pools onboard for use of adults only?I have been or other ships where they say adults only but nobody enforces it.Does NCL?
Before anyone jumps I am not anti kid.I just like room to swim without being splashed and kicked.
My husband would like to know about kids in the gym/spa area?

There are two main pools, but as far as I know they were open to both adults and children. There is a separate small children’s pool on the sports deck.

There is a gym on the same deck as the pool and spa. In the gym there are treadmills, stair climbers, bicycles, and one or two other types of equipment. There are also several types of weight machines. We did see childen in the gym at various times. I can't recall if there was a sign up or not about age restrictions. I have no objection to them being in their and using the equipment if they know how to properly use it, but I did not like the fact that younger children did not seem to have any supervision, and there were also some of them that on ocassion, would be in the pool, and then run into the gym with their wet bathing suits on and bare feet and play on the equipment. OUr cabin was just forward of the gym on this deck, so we walked past it many times to see things like this happening.

The spa area is on the same deck, and offers various treatments (massage, hair, nails etc.) There were also saunas in the spa area. We did not see any children in this area.

[This message was edited by Tobin on 05-21-04 at 11:25 AM.]

[This message was edited by Tobin on 05-21-04 at 11:26 AM.]

If you want to cruise with a minimum if children on board, avoid March, June-August and late December. Also take longer cruises. On our Panama Canal Cruise there were only 10 children on board. The pools are not big if you want to swim laps. If it is hot out, you still have to manoeuver around the other adults.

Norwegian Sun 5/04 (Panama Canal)
Norwegian Majesty 4/03
Norwegian Sky 12/02 Norway 4/02
Holiday 11/01 Sensation 2/01
Fascination 4/99
Carousel 4/97

Archived