1/29 Silhoutte Noro

city

We were also on the 1/29 Silhoutte sailing and I think that Celebrity did too little too late.

Yes once it happens they go into lockdown mode and deal with the noro using CDC guidelines and this is commendable but.....I think Prevention is the key here... More times than were reasonable we observed hygene violations at the buffet that were noticed by employees and ignored. In other words no removal of contaminated items.. Floor managers were not diligent in watching for these things either they were often engaged in conversation and on occasion non present. We never observed our cabin steward wearing gloves (never mind changing gloves between cabins to be cleaned) So what would prevent spreading germs from one cabin to another. Allowing that there might be a process in place we are unaware of that would prevent cross contamination I'll just say it was not evident to us. In Labadee we observed a Celebrity employee transferring water, although chlorinated, into the drink dispensers but in the process it made contact with the ground which of course is unsanitized and filled with all kinds of goodies waiting to hitch a ride right into you... Bottom line our opinion is that Celebrity has more room for improvment in the prevention area.

Archived