Any experiences with Sweet Barbados Tours (Raymond)

Solorca1

We have been trying to book a tour in Barbados for a while but haven't had much luck. Most of the groups that are mentioned in high regards on here haven't responded to our emails or have ignored the questions that we've asked.

Sarah did respond back with a tour we were interested in, but the reviews of overcharging and difficulty getting deposits back kind of scare me.

One of the other tours we inquired about was with Sweet Barbados with a guy named Raymond. So far, he has been the nicest person we've spoken to and he has been straight forward with everything he's told us. From what I can see, it is a small family operation.

I've only seen one review on tripadvisor (5 stars), but nothing else. Does anyone have any feedback? I would like to book with him, but want to do my due diligence first.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to give an update to say that we took the tour with Raymond and were happy with the experience.

My fiance and I were the only two to book with him on this specific day, so we had to pay a little more for our trip, but found Raymond to be personable. He took the time to show us some local sites along the way and we had a very nice conversation with him during our drives, learning a lot about his life in Barbados.

We visited Harrison's Cave, the Wildlife Sanctuary, and a local beach, all of which we enjoyed. Harrison's Cave was a great drive seeing the rock formations, while the Wildlife Sanctuary was a thrill, giving us a chance to see a ton of turles, peacocks, deer, and even a Mara (looks like a mix between a deer and a rabbit). We were not lucky enough to see a monkey on the day we were there, but fortunately we had the opportunity to do so the next day in St. Lucia.

Archived