Head's up about the Chef's Table

jerray07

My wife and I will be on our first cruise in March and are sailing on the Ecstasy. She will be turning 40 on the cruise. Looking on this board to get little tips and such and this chefs table deal kinda looks neat.

Someone please tell me the deal on this and why is it special.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1538638

I emailed the steakhouse on the Miracle last night and had a response waiting for me this morning! That was crazy fast! We were given a confirmation and a choice of 2 nights on our 3/9/12 sailing. I had a few questions and each time got an email back within an hour or so. Very impressive.:D

I emailed the steakhouse on the Miracle last night and had a response waiting for me this morning! That was crazy fast! We were given a confirmation and a choice of 2 nights on our 3/9/12 sailing. I had a few questions and each time got an email back within an hour or so. Very impressive.:D

Does anyone know what the email address is for the steakhouse on the Miracle is? We also emailed John and haven't heard anything.

first off if you try to email john blog(good luck) email the ship directly much better. just got off the Splendor(newspaper) wasn't us! Chef's Table was great we had two Chef's Table on sailing ours was a private one than they had another later in the week. still full lol

I appreciate all the advice. I emailed the Maitre D on the Victory last night and got a confirmation first thing this morning (sailing March 18th)

Questions

1) they didn't give me any information on which night or nights that I could pick from. Should they have let me know what night my reservation is scheduled for?

2) what time does the dinner start?

I had the same problem contacting John about the Chef's Table on the Conquest. So after asking CC I sent the email below to cqsteakhouse at carnival com.

I got a reply in 24 hours.

This is the info they need.

I would like to make reservations for 2 for the Chef's Table.

Guest Information:

First Name: xxx

Last Name: xxx

Email Address: xxx

Sailing Information:

Booking Number: xxxxx

Ship: Carnival Conquest

Sail Date: xx/xx/xx

Cabin Number: xxx

-----------------------

email XXsteakhouse at carnival dot com

Ship codes

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

FA Fantasy

FS Fascination

FD Freedom

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SP Spirit

SL Splendor

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

Thanks!

....just got Miracle Chef's Table confirmation...in 2 days!

Forget about going through the BLOG thing...this method is the best.

Regards.

Maxx, out.

:D:D

After reading these posts, I sent an email to the Dream Steakhouse requesting reservations for 2 during our upcoming cruise in June. I received a reply/confirmation in LESS THAN 15 minutes!! Super excited for this!

I appreciate all the advice. I emailed the Maitre D on the Victory last night and got a confirmation first thing this morning (sailing March 18th)

Questions

1) they didn't give me any information on which night or nights that I could pick from. Should they have let me know what night my reservation is scheduled for?

2) what time does the dinner start?

They don't normally tell you what night it is until you board, you will find a letter in your cabin a day or two before your seating. Some ships do tell you in e-mail, I'm sure if you asked, you might get a response as to what day or potential day it could be. For the Chef's Table I attended we met in the Atrium around 6pm and the whole experience was over around 10pm.

In regards to the table size for the chef's table, it is ONE long table to accomodate all the diners. Usually, it is men on one side, women directly across. On certain ships (Dream, I know of) the chef's table is set up in the galley. On other ships where there is no room in the galley, it is set up in a dance lounge or the library, etc.

Archived